Why become a member? ×

SOLD. Silver Series Squier Precision, black, £200
£200

Paul S

Another victim of my bass cull.

I bought this on eBay out of curiosity and discovered that, straight out of the case, it was the nicest Precision bass I have tried. Silver series were the last of the Japanese made Squiers (serial number says 91-93) and I think it is generally accepted that they raised their game for this final push.

It is black with BWB scratchplate, maple neck that has a dark rosewood fretboard. The tone is remarkable, dark woody and moody. Everything a Precision bass should be. It is lightweight at around 9lbs and the neck is skinny by P-Bass standards - 40mm at the nut. Fret wear is hardly noticeable - plays and sounds like a dream. Body is a little scruffy - couple of dinks out of the paint here and there and a dink near the jack input. Not much bucklerash, even though the pic I took is useless.

Pictures show a Badass fitted to it - I will take this off and put the BBOT back on unless you especially want the Badass, in which case it will be an extra £40.

If it is so good why I am I selling it? Good question. I have assembled a Precision to my exact liking that is even better and this does nothing the other can't. No point having a double so it is going to help fund another crazy project (Musicman pickup into a Westone Thunder Jet).

I am asking £200 collected from South Benfleet in Essex. Or meet half way. Or I can deliver for fuel costs. I have a gig bag and can package it in that, with bubblewrap, in a box for posting, which will cost £25.

[attachment=144576:silverp1.jpg][attachment=144577:silverp2.jpg][attachment=144578:silverp3.jpg][attachment=144579:silverp4.jpg][attachment=144580:silverp5.jpg][attachment=144581:silverp6.jpg][attachment=144582:silverp7.jpg]

Edited by Paul S

Quick update.

I've replied to PMs (thanks!) and have someone coming to view it tomorrow.

Also - I am sorry but I don't want to ship it outside of the UK. Without a hard case I can't help feeling a long distance courier is asking for trouble.

I recognise that damage to the edge below the jack! Think this was my first ever bass bought new in rushworths Liverpool in the early 90s and sold (foolishly) on ebay after 100s of gigs. The mark is where I moved the jack to the edge then realised what a fool I'd been I moved it back and had the hole filled :-) think there's pics of me with it at www.thebuckets.co.uk shame I didn't see this sooner I might have brought her home. Whoever gets it its a belter