Why become a member? ×

Glockenklang Bass Art Amp *Traded*

Recently bought this from a fellow BCer. It is a 'phenomenal' amp with great tone but I find myself hankering back to my Thunderfunk especially as I am playing fretless in my new project and the Glock leaves me no-where to hide :huh: That isn't to say that it is clinical sounding but I can hide (for the moment) behind the TF's tone a bit easier.

Point of note - When I got this from Gui I hadn't realised that the amp had taken a knock that bent the rack ears slightly (only visible from above when it is out of the case) and that this in turn had caused the transformer bolted to the end plate to bend the end plate slightly. I got cash from Gui to have the amp professionally looked and and fixed. The outcome was that when the transformer was removed the end plate was still solid and the integrity was sound and that the retaining bolt had bent and stripped slightly. The bolt has been replaced and the whole thing given a clean bill of health. The Tech that I used said that the components and general workmanship of the internals of this amp were unparalleled in all the years he's worked on amps. I stress that the amp is 100% 'A' OK... I've painted the picture exactly as it is and it probably sounds worse than it really should.

Gui was a bit gutted at the price that he sold the amp for on eBay but I don't think that his feedback rating did him any favours :) One of these sold on ebay a couple of days before I got this and it went for £1000+ another (reissue) Bass Art 'Classic' has also just gone for a similar price. Sold with the 4U case and a decent XLR to Speakon cable that I made up - [b]£475 (+P&P)[/b]. If it weren't for the fact I've had enough of eBay I'd put it back on there and with my feedback rating I'm confident I'd clear a tidy profit but I'd be just as happy if another BCer had the opportunity to own one of these excellent amps. If it doesn't sell in a week or so I'm going to put it back on ebay though!

Loads of info on the web about these amps (inc Bass Player Mag), remember this is the original 300 watt model not the reissued 'Classic'.

TRADED for something beginning with 'W' :huh:

Edited by warwickhunt

[quote name='ped' post='220959' date='Jun 17 2008, 09:43 PM']Hmmmm very nice indeed. Don't suppose you fancy my V4 ;0)[/quote]

Thanks for the offer Ped. I'm not adverse to a trade or two :) but a V4 has my back twinging just thinking about it! No I think trades would either have to be either 4 stringed and/or have a 'W' on the headstock or if amp/cab shaped, be featherweight!

[quote name='rayfw' post='221056' date='Jun 18 2008, 01:05 AM']Fantastic price. Wish I wasn't so skint at the mo'
Need a spare kidney?[/quote]

I 'think' my kidneys are OK thanks :)

The credit crunch may well mean that I hear the word skint a lot!

Loads of interest but nothing firm!

I'll likely as not eBay this next week (though I'm loath to do so as I'm closing my account) if no confirmed deposit/sale. I think offering transport to Europe will get me a decent price but time will tell.