Why become a member? ×

FENDER???? I DOUBT IT!!!

[quote name='aceuggy' post='221304' date='Jun 18 2008, 12:25 PM']Spooky! I've just ordered the revised edition of the Bass Book. :)[/quote]

If you want to learn about vintage Fender basses, then get "The Fender Bass - An Illustrated History" by Al Molinaro. It's the best book around for that topic.

[quote name='Ou7shined' post='221257' date='Jun 18 2008, 11:36 AM']Although he is still presenting an overinflated opinion of this bass. I don't want to harang this guy but I don't believe his BS story, I believe he intentionally set out to rip someone off and after getting busted he's toned it down.

good copy - NO
collectors item - NO... not in the sense that's implied anyway[/quote]

I tend to agree. My initial posts tried to get away from any finger pointing, as there's always a chance that the guy made an honest mistake, but the more I look at this, the more I think he was most probably trying to pull a fast one, is only backing down now as he got sprung, yet is still trying to imply that this bass is something more than it is.

Strange thing is this. He's got perfect feedback on Ebay, so why would he want to screw that on a cheap Fender copy? Pretty stupid move, if you ask me. Especially these days, where the buyer can always leave him a negative, but he can't do the same back.

[quote name='aceuggy' post='221219' date='Jun 18 2008, 10:49 AM']This is quite scary for someone like me. I'm new to the world of bass and looking for a Jazz. I could quite easily have bid for this thinking it was what this guy said it was. I wouldn't know any different and could end up being ripped off. Fair play to the guy in question, he's acknowledged the feedback given from you guys and re listed it. I know what though, if I see something on ebay I like the look of I will post it here and let you guys have a look before making any bids. I think you may have saved someone a few bob there. Good to know there are people out there looking out for you. Nice one. :)[/quote]

I've been meaning to stick up something about 70's Fenders for a while - just stuff I've collected from various books and info from the web, along with a bunch of pictures I've saved. I'll have to knock it into some sort of meaningful shape, and then start a thread for people to add to it/tell me it's all wrong! Once there was some kind of consensus it could be added to the wiki.

[quote name='bassaussie' post='221397' date='Jun 18 2008, 02:25 PM']If you want to learn about vintage Fender basses, then get "The Fender Bass - An Illustrated History" by Al Molinaro. It's the best book around for that topic.[/quote]

+1, i love that book