Why become a member? ×

SOLD!

mcgraham

[i][b]SOLD![/b][/i]

[s][size=1]Hi all,

Something I'd quite like has just become available to me, but I would need to move this on before committing to the purchase of said goods.

I'm looking for [b]£350[/b] + shipping. Link to the product site is [url="http://www.acousticimg.com/products/prod_clarus.html"]here[/url].

Mine is the top one, looks exactly the same (single channel, though I have been informed that the dual and single use the same internals but only one channel is hooked up, therefore you can get two channels with a bit of creative drilling!).

It is in pristine condition, cannot find a mark on it. It also has a pristine sound, reproducing what you put in very quickly and cleanly. If you have a warm sounding instrument you will find that this head suits it well. Also, Acoustic Image products are not solely limited to bass applications. This has a dual purpose XLR/instrument jack input that you can use for other instruments. Again, because it is such a transparent amp, it really works well for such purposes (I even used it as a power amp the other day for a cabinet, sounded good!).

Other selling points: power to weight ratio - 400W @ 4 ohms and weighs less than 5lbs (I like that a lot!)
3 band eq + additional parametric cut/boost

Please feel free to post or PM me with any questions.

Mark[/size][/s]

Edited by mcgraham

Just a quick one...Mark is a top guy to do business with!!! Very friendly, very knowledgable, and a true gent!!! Rest assured, you're money will be safe spent here, and you're new amp will be exactly as described!!!

Hope you find a buyer Mark,

Jam

• 2 weeks later...

I traded it with BassBod for his Thunderfunk. I was looking to raise some capital to go towards Flanker's LMII, but as you have seen, the second hand market has been somewhat slow recently. I therefore opted for a trade, that may yield better options as well as giving me the chance to try out a new/different piece of gear.

Now, I put it at that price because: I thought it was fair; it allowed me to have somewhere to back down to should interest be poor, so as to get back what I paid for it; and ultimately because prices for gear have gone up. Others have stated that the price is/was fair. I will acknowledge that, having paid slightly less, to put it at that price may have been cheekily hopeful. Considering the above, I do not believe that I was being unreasonable or unfair, nor was I closed to offers/negotations. I feel I was within my rights and entirely justified to advertise it as I did. I apologise if you feel wronged, hard done by, or otherwise. This was not my intent.

However, I do not feel that these actions warranted your response. If you did not feel the above was reasonable or fair, or you felt that I was in the wrong, a personal, discrete message to discuss it or at least voice your concern would have been much appropriate and better received, rather than posting the issue publicly on this thread. I am actually quite upset that you felt it would be better to make/take this public, as this brings my reputation into dispute, albeit online.

As it happens, there has not been a sale, only a mutual exchange of goods, so you can rest easy there. Despite this, I feel I have had my reputation soiled, as not all will take my viewpoint on this.

Again, please accept my apologies if I have/for having offended you. Please also understand I am not angry at you, and I hope I have not come across as such.

Mark

No, I'm not offended at all. If you had sold it (other than traded) for £350 I would have been what's termed "scunnered" in my neck of the woods. This is because at one time 'stuff' sold on this forum at generally less than ebay prices (I guess this is still true) on the generally understood (by me anyway) principle that if the 'stuff' was consequently sold on a profit wouldn't be made (and it would be offered to forum members prior to going elsewhere). This allowed a circulation of bass stuff amongst the users. But this doesn't seem to be true anymore, especially since the new site went online. I sold 4 amps at about the same time as this one, and all bar one was subsequently sold at a markup (OK this one didn't but it was advertised at a markup). It's one of the reasons I no longer sell stuff here (having sold several thousand pounds worth of kit in the past). It's one of the reasons beedster disappeared, and also one of the reasons I'm following suit. This isn't an attack on you at all - after all it's your amp to do with what you wish (for anyone who's interested Mark's always been a great guy to deal with) but just a personal observation on the way this board now operates. Anyhow - all the best, enjoy the 'Funk.

[quote name='BB2000' post='221418' date='Jun 18 2008, 02:58 PM']£350? :)[/quote]

I have to say BB that even at £350 it's clear to me that Mark is simply allowing for negotiating space. The implication in your post is that he is profiteering and I feel it unnecessary on your part to openly insinuate that. As Mark points out, some will go away with a poor impression, despite you later clarification. I really think it's incumbent upon us all to hold back from knee jerk criticism, as impressions can be lasting. If you feel a sense of disquiet at changes to a policy, albeit unspoken and to my mind largely imaginary, of the principles of trade in this forum, I hardly think this thread is a reasonable place to make your feelings known, as the sole bearer of the weight of that disquiet is Mark, and for reasons you go on to undermine in your own reply... A little late for me.

Edited by jakesbass

[quote name='mcgraham' post='227615' date='Jun 26 2008, 09:11 PM']...I feel I have had my reputation soiled, as not all will take my viewpoint on this.[/quote]

For what it’s worth, I can’t see that you’ve done anything wrong. Once the amp had been sold to you it was then your prerogative to do whatever you want with it – keep it, sell it for less than you got it, sell it for more than you got it, give it away, trade it, smash it to bits…whatever. I don’t think the original owner has any right to be pissed off (even though I can see why he may be annoyed), but then it was his decision to let it go for £300 in the first place. I’ve seen this debate raised a couple of times in the short time I’ve been a member on here and most people are very level headed about it.
This can be a fantastic forum for camaraderie, but the bottom line is that no one owes anything to anyone else. I can’t see that your reputation has been “soiled” at all. As nice a guy that BB2000 may be, I think he’s dealt with this situation badly.