Why become a member? ×

boss vs Behringer

Jobiebass

[quote name='simon1964' post='247798' date='Jul 25 2008, 01:37 PM']I've genuinely never understood this argument, which always seems to be thrown at Behringer.[/quote]

the problem Behringer now face is some of their earlier stompboxes were very close in external looks & colour schemes to several big name pedal makers pedals... so much so, that they were succesfully sued. They settled out of court and changed the appearance enough to satisfy the big name pedal makers...

unfortunately, this fact has stuck, so they get accused of blatantly ripping off people with every new item they produce...

The insides are different, the circuits do the same funtion but they're different. The layout of controls and dials is similar, but that's usually dictated by function...

[quote name='simon1964' post='247798' date='Jul 25 2008, 01:37 PM']I've genuinely never understood this argument, which always seems to be thrown at Behringer. I'm not a huge fan of their stuff, but why is a copy of a Boss pedal more reprehensible than, say, a cheap copy of a Fender Bass, which loads of us will have happily owned at some time.

And where does that leave the expensive ''super-jazz'' basses by the likes of Lakland, Sadowsky, Sandberg, and others? Is it OK to do copies, but only if you charge more than the original?!

I agree that the build quality isn't up to Boss standards, and I can see that there are issues with producing copies, but I'm always puzzled as to why it always crops up in discussions on Behringer equipment but not other manufactures who produce derivative designs.[/quote]
all their pedals are cheaper rip offs theres nothing thats a new idea, they've just brought out a head called a bvt. that ones a pretty obvious rip off

Being a vehement, foaming at the mouth anti-capitalist, I'm personally loving all this Behringer crap that's coming out! :)

Okay I know they're a corporation but it's cheap corporate sh*t, as opposed to over-priced corporate sh*t.

Edited by redzombie