Why become a member? ×

#SOLD# Barge Concepts VFB-2 Effects Loop Pedal #SOLD#

Hey Ho Folks -

I'm selling my Barge Concepts VFB-2 pedal.

(these next two images are from the Barge Concepts website)

Here's what it does:

"The VFB-2 is a fully buffered (In, Out, Send, and Receive) looper with a clean blend control and a foot-switchable variable feedback control. The VFB-2 uses audio grade Burr Brown op-amps to buffer the Send and Receive signals to improve signal strength over long pedal chains and minimize “tone sucking” on vintage effects. The "Clean Blend" pot lets you mix your clean signal with the output of the effects loop, and then sends that signal to the buffered Output jack. The feedback control circuit has a potentiometer for controlling the amount of Receive signal that is fed back to the Send jack.

Sound complicated? Not really...

It's a True Bypass loop. Use it to turn on/off multiple pedals at once, keep noisy or tone-sucking pedals out of your signal path, add true bypass to any or all of your pedals without complicated or overpriced modifications.

It's a Blend control. Mix your clean tone with that oscillating delay or your heavy fuzz and distortion sounds. Run a chorus or flanger in the loop of the VFB-2 to add some swirl to your dirt sounds and modulate your delays. It’s perfect for Bass and Baritone players that want to use conventional guitar effects, but need to dial in some of their clean instrument signal for improved low end response.

It's a Feedback loop. The feedback circuit takes the signal at the Receive jack and sends some or all of it back to the Send jack, creating sometimes unpredictable, but always interesting new sounds. The blend knob on the feedback loop allows you to determine the amount of signal that is fed back into the loop for more accurate control. Fuzz and dirt boxes will feed back, delays will repeat and oscillate into gigantic walls of sound. Set up the feedback controls to create the sound you want, then use the Clean Blend control to mix as much of it as you want with your original input signal and send it to the Output jack.
"

So if you're having problems with Distortion/Overdrive robbing too much low end, or just want to blend in more clean signal than your effect allows, this will fix it.

I bought mine to use with an Electro Harmonix Mini Q-Tron. Because the Q-Tron effect was louder than the bypassed signal I had Barge Concepts mod the VFB-2 to include a 'Receive Volume' for the effects loop. (that's why mine has 3 knobs in place of the standard two).

Here's the manual:

[url="http://www.bargeconcepts.com/manuals/BargeConceptsVFB2manualBETA.pdf"]http://www.bargeconcepts.com/manuals/Barge...2manualBETA.pdf[/url]

This pedal is barely a year old and in mint nick. The mod cost extra, as did darn ParcelForce. I'm looking £50 plus postage (£6 insured).

Thanks, Gareth

Edited by Gareth Hughes

Hey Ian,

Sorry bout that man, only just figured on selling it yesterday. Am considering selling that 5-String you were playing tho :)

Hope the SWR is working out.

Cheers, G

[quote name='Bigwan' post='220354' date='Jun 17 2008, 08:29 AM']I'd have given you cash in hand for this on Sunday morning if I knew you had it! Oh well...[/quote]