Why become a member? ×

Fender 50's Strat (sold)

For sale, my nearly new [u]reissue[/u] 50's Strat. In Surf Green. Selling to fund my next bass. Bought new only a few months ago. Looking for £270. Located in Devizes Wilts, would prefer pick up, but will post if necessary

Fender ‘50s Stratocaster®

This guitar epitomizes the vibe of the ’50s! The colour selection alone—Surf Green, Daphne Blue and Dakota Red—takes you back to the era of diners, Ike and cars with fins. With a maple fingerboard, tinted neck, single-ply pickguard and aged plastic parts, the ’50s Stratocaster guitar is awesomely retro, and the three single-coil pickups and staggered Alnico magnet pole pieces give you the look and the sound.

Fender ‘50s Stratocaster® specifications:

Model Name
‘50s Stratocaster®
Model Number
013-1002-(Color#)
Series
Classic Series

Body
Alder
Neck
1-Piece Maple, Soft “V” Shape,
(Gloss Polyurethane Finish)
Fingerboard
Maple, 7.25” Radius (184mm)
No. of Frets
21 Vintage Style Frets
Pickups
3 Vintage Style Single-Coil Strat® Pickups with Staggered, Alnico Magnet Pole Pieces and Aged Covers
Controls
Master Volume,
Tone 1. (Neck Pickup),
Tone 2. (Middle Pickup)
Pickup Switching
5-Position Blade:
Position 1. Bridge Pickup
Position 2. Bridge and Middle Pickup
Position 3. Middle Pickup
Position 4. Middle and Neck Pickup
Position 5. Neck Pickup
Bridge
Vintage Style Synchronized Tremolo
Machine Heads
Fender®/Ping® Vintage Style Tuning Machines
Hardware
Chrome
Pickguard
1-Ply White
Scale Length
25.5” (648 mm)
Width at Nut
1.650” (42 mm)
Unique Features
Aged Knobs and Switch Tip
Strings
Fender Super 250R, Nickel Plated Steel,
Gauges: (.010, .013, .017, .026, .036, .046),
p/n 073-0250-006

Edited by aceuggy

[quote name='bilbo230763' post='219983' date='Jun 16 2008, 04:13 PM']A nearly new 50's Strat? Isn't that an oxymoron?[/quote]

Ha, perhaps I should have put reissue in there somewhere :) (Done)

Edited by aceuggy

[quote name='aceuggy' post='219991' date='Jun 16 2008, 04:19 PM']Ha, perhaps I should have put reissue in there somewhere :)[/quote]

I have the daphne blue version - beautiful guitars , and great for us bass player types who can find a small neck a bit delicate.

BTW - it may be the camera/light etc but that looks like a daphne blue one to me as well.

[quote name='Dr.Dave' post='220081' date='Jun 16 2008, 05:52 PM']I have the daphne blue version - beautiful guitars , and great for us bass player types who can find a small neck a bit delicate.

BTW - it may be the camera/light etc but that looks like a daphne blue one to me as well.[/quote]

Dr Dave, thanks they are beautiful guitars and a dream to play. It is the light that's playing tricks. Deffo Surf Green.

[quote name='john_the_bass' post='219984' date='Jun 16 2008, 04:13 PM']Nice - good luck with the sale. If I had the readies I would take it off your hands.[/quote]

MB1. :)
Youve got £9.00 Deposit at least John! :huh:

[quote name='john_the_bass' post='225146' date='Jun 23 2008, 04:34 PM']I think it's MiM and from [url="http://www.fender.com/products//search.php?partno=0131002340"]this[/url] range.[/quote]

Correct, it's MiM