Why become a member? ×

<NOW SOLD> Stentor 3/4 Double Bass for sale
£550

AndyJR81

Heart breaking forced sale due to car being written off in the same week landlord has informed me that my rent is increasing. The bass is a Stentor 1950 3/4 Upright, which has been set up fairly low for jazz style. Very good condition, a few very small (barely noticeable) scuffs, but a really nice tone for an entry level bass according to my tutor. Brand new bow and padded gig bag included.

Buyer to collect or arrange own courier (suggest Delsol) - based in Abergele in North Wales. Contact Andy 07549 631514 (by text during day if thats ok).

Edited by AndyJR81

[quote name='sarah thomas' timestamp='1378982086' post='2207260']
Don't break your heart! Keep the bass. I'll give you a tenner to keep it. Anyone else? Maybe together we can make it happen ...
[/quote]
Sarah ...I'll see your tenner, and raise you a tenner ! Cant have someone depriving themselves of a good 'dance' ( OP - sorry that's probably something that only Sarah will get ) :D . Great bass the Stentor ...and a great price - but I hope you change your mind and keep it!

Will depend if I can sort out some other source of income - the next 6 months are going to be a real trier.

Just so everyone knows that is NOT me in the picture its my good friend who at 5 foot is utterly bemused at the size of the bass - and shocked to learn they go even bigger!

[quote name='sarah thomas' timestamp='1378982086' post='2207260']
Don't break your heart! Keep the bass. I'll give you a tenner to keep it. Anyone else? Maybe together we can make it happen ...
[/quote]
[quote name='ubassman' timestamp='1378999366' post='2207576']
Sarah ...I'll see your tenner, and raise you a tenner ! Cant have someone depriving themselves of a good 'dance' ( OP - sorry that's probably something that only Sarah will get ) :D . Great bass the Stentor ...and a great price - but I hope you change your mind and keep it!
[/quote]

Yep, I'm in, tenner from me also. A man should never have to sell his bass. My only proviso is that Andy returns the favour to a struggling musician in similar situation sometime in the future when his salary as a pro' allows it :)

[quote name='Beedster' timestamp='1379406445' post='2212174']
Yep, I'm in, tenner from me also. A man should never have to sell his bass. My only proviso is that Andy returns the favour to a struggling musician in similar situation sometime in the future when his salary as a pro' allows it :)
[/quote]

Me too.

+1 to the proviso. :)