Why become a member? ×

*SOLD*: Sandberg Basic Ken Taylor 5
£675

TRBboy

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Hey Everybody![/font][/color]

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]I'm selling my[/font][/color] lovely Sandberg Basic Ken Taylor[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif], which I love to bits and will be extremely sad to see it go. Why am I selling it? Well, after thinking I was completely GAS free, I now have serious GAS for another Sandberg[/font][/color][color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif] [/font][/color][color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif] Custom Build :gas:[/font][/color]

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]This bass features an Alder body, Maple neck with Rosewood fretboard and is finished in Highgloss black. There is a mini toggle switch to split the dual humbuckers to single coil and a 3-band Glo[/font][/color]ckenk[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]lang EQ with push/pull volume pot for true passive bypass.[/font][/color]

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Those who know me will know that I'm a massive[/font][/color] Sandberg[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif] fan anyway, but I really can't stress how great these basses are. Such good value for a handbuilt bass, with a finish, playability and sound quality that far outstrips some of the big brands. The neck is slim front-to-back and the fretboard has a fairly flat radius, feeling fast and effortless to play, but very comfortable. It was the feel of the neck that really sold me on [/font][/color][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Sandberg[/font][color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif] basses! This Alder bodied version is lighter than the Ash equivalents, and has a slightly more rounded tone, with a bit more low-mid growl and a less aggressive top and bottom end, but it still packs a punch and growls nicely. Versatility is the name of the game with this bass, and I've easily been able to coax any type of tone I've wanted out of it, it really does sound amazing. I didn't used to get on with 34" scale 5ers, but the low B is absolutely perfect on this (IMHO of course). It's currently strung with .040" - .125" D'addario Prosteels and the action is fairly low.[/font][/color]

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]It's in very good condition, with only a slight blemish on the forearm contour, but really nothing to write home about. Obviously if you look closely there is some light scratching on the surface as you'd expect with a gloss black bass. It feels nicely played in, but it has been very well looked after, with virtually no visible fretwear.[/font][/color]

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Last year the UK RRP was £1441, although I think there's been a price rise since then, and Thomann have a 4 string currently for £1179.75, so a 5er would probably be £50-£100 more from them. I'm asking [b]£675 [/b]in the interest of a quick sale[/font][/color][color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]for this beauty, including UK mainland courier delivery, and a Sandberg[/font][/color][color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif] Gigbag. I've priced this to sell quickly, but of course feel free to make an offer if you so wish.[/font][/color]

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Please check my feedback thread (link in sig below), and I'll be happy to answer any questions you may have.[/font][/color]

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Thanks for looking![/font][/color]

[sharedmedia=core:attachments:130846]

[sharedmedia=core:attachments:130847]

[sharedmedia=core:attachments:130848]

Edited by TRBboy

[quote name='Jellyfish' timestamp='1378941399' post='2206977']
Seems like an awfully good price. Good luck with the sale. :)
[/quote]

Thanks man, it really is an unbelievably good bass for not much money! It's with a heavy heart that I'm selling it, but my GAS is just too strong....

You're not too far away from me, y'know, if you want to try it out..... :D

[quote name='Beneath It All' timestamp='1379095947' post='2208711']
No experience with Glockenlang EQ; what could I expect & do you have original EQ?
[/quote]

Hi there,

The Glockenklang eq is standard, Sandberg advertise it as "Sandberg 3-band eq" but they're made by Glockenklang. All of the "Sandberg" pickups are made by Delano too, just unbranded.

I think they're really great preamps, very natural sounding but seem to accentuate just the right frequencies. The controls seem to interact very intuitively too. With the eq flat, there is no volume difference between active and passive mode either. I like the midrange control best, boost it a little and you REALLY cut through the mix and get a nice punchiness.

Hope this helps, any other questions please fire away. :D

Edited by TRBboy

[quote name='mikegatward' timestamp='1379149656' post='2209122']
This used to be mine aand I know it was immaculate when TRBboy bought it off me and I know he'll have really locked after it.
[/quote]

Thanks Mike, Yeah it's in great condition and plays so, so nicely. I'd be keeping it for sure if I could afford to order a new custom build without having to sell anything!

Hey guys, this isn't intended to be a shameless bump, just wanted to say that I really could do with selling this to free the cash up asap now, so if you have an offer in mind please get in touch and we'll see if we can strike a deal. Thanks :D