Why become a member? ×

SOLD!: Fender Classic 50s Precision - Black
£400

Ghost_Bass

Hi, i have this lovely piece of kit for sale. I got it recently because i was looking for a passive P sound for a new project but i miss the low B too much. I'll keep using my Sandberg in passsive mode if needed until i find a nice 5 string P.

This bass is all original and in excelent condition for its age, the serial says is from 2005/2006, i could allmost sell it as a near new condition minus some minor faults but i'll post it as "used and gigged a couple of times". The body is almost perfect, no scratches or buckle rash, only thing i can see on it is a small scratch on the back, near the strap pin. Other cosmetic issues are on top of the headstock (the normal thing) and on the chromed hardware, especially on the strap pins. There's also a scratch on the pickguard, on the lower horn. Neck is in excelent condition with no wear signs or fret damage.

I serviced the bass before putting on sale, it has been cleaned (wood, hardware and electronics) and setup (low action as i'm a light player, buyer may need to raise the saddles a bit) and is strung with a set of almost new Ernie Ball Super Slinkys.

The sound is what we expect from a classic 50's (this one is my second classic 50's P) it's puchy, warm and deep. Can't tell the weight for sure but it's light, i would say around the 4.5kg mark but i can get it in the scale this afternoon.

The bass will be safely packed and shipped with tracking number and would take about a week to arive to destination (UK), it will be sent in a bag but if buyer chooses i can send it inside a hardcase for an extra £30.

Here are the pics taken by a crapy phone camera (i'm compensating the lack of quality with quantity), i've tried to catch the flaws the best way possible in the light so believe me when i say that it looks a lot worse in the pics that it'll look on your hand:

[url="https://plus.google.com/photos/106572846091439162015/albums/5922277930406615249"][/url]

If anybody needs i think i can steal the missus iphone and get better pics of whatever you would like to see in detail.

I'm looking to get[b] [s]£400 £370 shipped in bag[/s][/b][s] or [b]£430 £400 shipped in hardcase[/b] anywhere on UK/EU[/s]. Payment by paypal or bank transfer (i would prefer bank transfer because the fees are lower but paypal is fine).

[color=#ff0000][size=5][b]SOLD, THANK YOU[/b][/size][/color]

[color=#808080][b][i]EDIT: i'm not looking for trades at the moment, i really need the funds, but you can still offer me something as part-ex and i'll take it in to consideration. In most cases i will have to turn down, i would only accept a trade if it's something really special or something i can sell fast and get back that value plus the shipping costs.[/i][/b][/color]

You can contact me by PM or mail at [b]...[/b]

Thanks for looking, cheers
Marco

Edited by Ghost_Bass

[quote name='andydye' timestamp='1378897991' post='2206159']
Just to say that Marco's a top chap, I've done a couple of trades with him before and he's a first rate bc'er!
[/quote]

Thanks Andy, i also had a great experience dealing with you. This is the great thing about BC, i know people here are all real gentlemen. Never had any issue with a deal.

Cheers