Why become a member? ×

TRADED: 2002 Fender AVRI '62 Jazz Bass + Hipshot BT-3
£850

timmchale2009

[font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif][size=4]Hello All[/size][/font]

[font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif][size=4]I recently did a trade + cash with Karlfer of this here parish for this little beauty, however as amazing bass as this is, I am really hankering for my P neck and sound back and so I am making the big decision to part with this with an aim of getting a Precision again.[/size][/font]

[font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif][size=4]So let me give you a little info around this bass courtesy of Karlfer:[/size][/font]

[font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif][size=4]It can be confirmed as a 2002 model as it's neck stamp says June 2002 and Body is stamped with Mar 2002 and I am assured this is standard Fender practice. This is the model with Concentric (Stack) knobs.[/size][/font]

[font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif][size=4]Standard tortoiseshell pickguard included but not fitted, have fitted a BWB pickguard with Thumbrest fitted above the strings between the neck and middle pickup.[/size][/font]

[font=arial, sans-serif][size=3][font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif][size=4]Case is original but a little tatty round edges this however is still fully functional.[/size][/font][/size][/font]

[font=arial, sans-serif][size=3][font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif][size=4]Ashtrays and middle pickup cover are now fitted and have been professionally so by my good friend and finest luthier in Chester, Mr Matt Bascetta.[/size][/font][/size][/font]

[font=arial, sans-serif][size=3][font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif][size=4]No scratches I can see on the front, 2 or 3 little dinks not through to wood, however there is some scuffing around the top half where you would rest your hand and arm, so it's just natural wear from being played and loved and has dulled the paint slightly. Bare in mind some people will pay extra to get that look ;-). One main belt buckle scratch on back, 2" long, not through to wood. Some little dinks on back, some buckle rash and the usual "certain light and angle" marks again as to be expected with an 11 year old bass.[/size][/font][/size][/font]

[font=arial, sans-serif][size=3][font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif][size=4]The main damage from the original owner, prior to Karlfer, is on the E string side of the bridge, where the paint has come off, Karl suspects this is where the bridge may have been over tightened at some point. However with the bridge ashtray cover it can't be seen and even without it imho it's hardly noticeable.[/size][/font][/size][/font]

[font=arial, sans-serif][size=3][font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif][size=4]Finally, the bits that come with it, string mutes, ashtrays, grounding strip, documents pretty much all of the case candy etc. I will also throw in the as yet unfitted Hipshot BT3 tuner which will retro fit without any additional drilling.[/size][/font][/size][/font]

[font=arial, sans-serif][size=3][font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif][size=4]The photos attached are the ones Karl kindly took for me and I'm almost certain he won't mind me using them. However if you require anything else please do not hesitate to ask me![/size][/font][/size][/font]

[font=arial, sans-serif][size=3][font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif][size=4]Overall everything works as it should, it plays like an absolute dream but in the interest of honesty it's not perfect cosmetically. It weighs in at a princely 8lbs which is just over 3.6kgs. In my opinion reasonably light and I have a back injury.[/size][/font][/size][/font]
[font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif][size=4]I'd say overall It's about 8/10.[/size][/font]

[font=arial, sans-serif][size=3][font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif][size=4]As I am sure you're all well aware these are now discontinued, the last few currently for sale discounted at £1600/£1700 new. [/size][/font][/size][/font]

[font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif][size=4]So taking into account cosmetic condition, I am looking for £850 which will include insured postage[/size][/font] [font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]I will accept Paypal (no fees), bank transfer or cold hard cash on collection/delivery. I am also open to negotiation so please don't be afraid to PM me.[/font]

[font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]Trade wise, it really must be a P Bass, preferably Fender or Lakland, not too fussed on fretboard maple or rosewood, I'm not overly interested in anything else. However, if you think you have something that might tickle my pickle then once again I am quite open minded.[/font]

[font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]Look forward to hearing from you. [/font]

[font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]Tim[/font]

[font=arial, sans-serif][size=3][attachment=143172:DSCF0233.JPG][attachment=143173:DSCF0235.JPG][attachment=143174:DSCF0236.JPG][attachment=143175:DSCF0237.JPG][attachment=143176:DSCF0238.JPG][attachment=143177:DSCF0240.JPG][attachment=143178:DSCF0241.JPG][/size][/font][attachment=143179:DSCF0242.JPG][attachment=143180:DSCF0243.JPG][attachment=143181:DSCF0244.JPG][attachment=143182:DSCF0245.JPG][attachment=143183:DSCF0246.JPG]

Edited by timmchale2009

Got to be one of the very best jazz basses up for sale on here at the moment IMO. The difference in tonal variation between v/v/t and stacked knobs is actually rather surprising.
American Vintage Re -Issues are generally considered to be extremely good.
Very surprising that Fender don't do more of it, as stacked knobs are simply more versatile.
Tim is a top bloke and the luthier he uses does excellent work from what I have seen. Somebody is about to get a stunning looking, sounding and playing bass that is unlikely to do anything other than appreciate IMHO.
Karl.

Edited by karlfer