Why become a member? ×

That moment when...

ubassman

You arrive at a gig in the Isle of wight to discover that the band bass (which lives in the van) and has recently been on a plane (used by another player <_< ) has had it's neck part company with the body.
A few phone calls to a local music shop and I was using an EUB kindly lent to me by a guy who lived 1/4 mile from the gig... (I did give him something for his trouble)

You're playing at a university ball in unbearable heat after a rush from a daytime gig, burst into the first number in front of 2000+ students who want to learn lindy hop and through the house PA (which would be fitting for Motorhead) can be heard the sound of what is apparently an incoming shell but turns out to be my bridge slipping from place slamming the pick up into the body at terminal velocity. (I did manage to get it back in place before the end of the number tho)

I could go on all day... Stranded off the west coast of africa, being bought brandies all night by a TV moguls amorous daughter in Taipei, Having my one and only bout of sea sickness having eaten between shows aboard a ship in a storm and vomiting during the piano solo only to dash back on stage to finish the set... I should write a book!

Edited by jakenewmanbass

[quote name='jakenewmanbass' timestamp='1378459731' post='2200518']
I could go on all day... Stranded off the west coast of africa, being bought brandies all night by a TV moguls amorous daughter in Taipei, Having my one and only bout of sea sickness having eaten between shows aboard a ship in a storm and vomiting during the piano solo only to dash back on stage to finish the set... I should write a book!
[/quote]

OK, start with the chapter about the TV mogul's amorous daughter in Taipei... :D