Why become a member? ×

Daisy Rock Butterfly Bass...are there many of these out there?

Edenburgh

I've got the pink daisy and can't get over just what a fine instrument it is.

Yes, I'm serious!

It's also turning me into a big short scale fan, and if it weren't for the neck dive it'd be perfect. The nicest pick sound I've ever heard in fact. Gutsy, but not 'in-yer-face'.

That's me being really technical, right there!

People knock Daisy Rock because of the "cute" shapes of their short-scales.

Mad. Daisy Rock is a subsidiary of Schecter - and who points and laughs at Schecter? Their instruments are well made and have good hardware and pups. Their normal sized range look like "ordinary" instruments - some with sparkle or pearl finishes, some without. I have a Stardust Elite guitar, very pretty with gold and violet burst pearl on the front, solid mahogany, set neck and coil tapping. The high-output Seymour Duncan pups sound gorgeous and it - like pretty much all their instruments - come straight from the factory with Grover tuners as standard and D'addario strings. I also have a short-scale star guitar (in atomic pink sparkle) which I bought since, even for a woman, my fingers are kinda short. The sound from that one little pickup is lush! Didn't expect that.

Both of these are guitars, not basses. Haven't tried a Daisy Rock bass yet but I'm sure they're just as good quality as their guitars.

Edited by Cat