Why become a member? ×

new amp day....ya beauty

Thunderpaws

So, after much heeeing and hawing I have just bought a Genz Streamliner 600. Bought from Bass Direct and have to say, though Mark was busy (well, sounded busy anyway) he was helpful, chatty and polite. Hopefully it'll get here tomorrow....here's dreaming. Cracking price of £499 too, which makes my decision to hang on and not just plunge for a Terror Bass A while back a good one. Sooooooo Exxxcciiiited!

Great stuff! I love my 900: it's game over for me in amp buying. I've had three other amps in the time I've had it, all very highly regarded on here (and i can see why) - stuff like Mesa Walkabout and M-Pulse, and I sold them and kept the Streamliner. It works very very well with my Schroeder. I'm sure I could live with the 600, too- my 900 never gets beyond 9pm on the Master Vol.

Man, you're going to love it. The day I bought mine, everything changed. Seriously fat tone and tons of volume, it doesn't get much better than that :)

Let us know what you think of it too.

Edited by ratman

900 here, no looking back. Silly power to weight ratio and great sound, if you like warm - which I do!

When you've worked your way round it, if you find the distortion comes in too soon (as many have) have a look at this thread, made a huge difference to how useful the amp is to me.
http://basschat.co.uk/topic/191375-new-valves-for-genz-streamliner-any-experience

It is here and it sounds....well.......EPIC. Stuck the headphones on, plated around with some eqvsettings and am amazed at how expressive and sensitive it sounds. A great match up for my G+L L2000. Was playing along with Ben Harper and Relentless 7. I could aware I sat in the mix just like the main man. Just on headphones though. Further report to follow.

[quote name='Thunderpaws' timestamp='1378318133' post='2198598']
Will do Ratman....why you called Ratman?
[/quote]

Ratman comes from a sig I used to use in my gaming days. Anybody remember the Americas Army game? It kicked ass for a few years before COD multiplayer took over.

If you're impressed with the amp on 'phones, you better get a nappy on when you crank it up with a cab or two as you may soil yourself through sheer delight :) :) :) :)