Why become a member? ×

ACG Skelf Singlecut 5 string

thedontcarebear

Hi
A public apology to Mr Bear for a further delay on the delivery of his bass. The new pickup has arrived and is fine but in putting the pickup in I noticed the lacquer has developed a blue tinge on one part of the back. This I suspect has been caused by some trapped solvent in the lacquer. So under the circumstances I can't put the bass out like this as it is not up to standard. I am going to sand the bass back and re-spray it this in turn will delay the bass by another 7/10 days. For this I am extremely sorry to Mr Bear as if I was in his position I would be disappointed having expected the bass this week only to be told that it will be delayed again.
Alan

• 4 weeks later...

Alan's prices are, considering the quality of his instruments, extremely reasonable. I've just ordered my 2nd ACG and considering the specs it's a great price.

Alan is also a one man band and his basses are unique so you need to talk to him and discuss these things, its a real benefit dealing with an individual IMO, truly bespoke basses.

Peter