Why become a member? ×

Even more big hair poodle rock Aria Explorer goodness

karlfer

[quote name='stu_g' timestamp='1377496513' post='2188069'] I saw that as well, cant work out whats going on with the pickup though [/quote]

Essentially they're two single-coil p/ups clipped & taped together with one half-set of poles in each coil. The guts of an MB-IV (as fitted to my ZZB-Custom) look like this:

It's possible that someone has whipped one set of four poles out & moved them to the other bobbin and gash-drilled the cover to allow them to show (but done it really badly). Alternatively they've hoyed something inappropriate in there & 'modified' the cover to suit. A photo of it sans cover would reveal all.

Either way the cover is pretty much buggered, & they're virtually irreplaceable.

I did a similar thing with to the bridge-position MB-III on my TSB-400, except I filled up all the slots with some silver steel bar cut & filed to length:

If anyone here fancies a punt at it, I have a spare, complete MB-IV that needs a rewind as it reads open circuit on both coils.

P.