Why become a member? ×

Please allow me to introduce myself...

jogi

...I´m a man of - well, not exactly wealth, but taste? I´d like to think so. Haven´t posted anything here except some PMs, so I thought I might as well introduce meself here. I´ve been playing for over twenty years now and have been working in music shops for about 14 years so as part of the occupational hazards that go along with that job, I´ve accumulated a few basses. Main working bass is my trusted F-Bass NY-5 (much like a BN-5) alongside my Maruszczyk Frog fretless (handmade in Poland) but I also own a ´76 Alembic, ´84 Ken Smith, ´68 Ampeg AMUB, ´64 Danelectro Longhorn... - you get the picture... Apart from working in a shop and playing in a classic rock cover band I´m also a writer and proof reader for this nice bassy magazine: [url="http://www.bassprofessor.de"]Bass Professor[/url] so my happy life revolves around all things bass.
Check me out here as well: [url="http://www.myspace.com/jogi68"]my myspace[/url]. As I´m moderator for the bass forum mentioned there I spent most of my time there but I´ll be over here quite a bit as well.

Tara for now,

Jogi

Steve, yeah - I can see the Kulturetage from where I work. What was the band you were here with?
If you´ve played a much bigger venue it would have been the Weser Ems Halle, there are also a few smaller clubs like the Alhambra though some of those that were around a couple of years ago might have gone by now.

[quote]What was the band you were here with?[/quote]
Manfred Mann's Earth Band
We must have played there 3 or 4 times. The other venues you mention don't ring any bells...mind you, I'm at the age where bells ring far less than they used to :)

Steve

Oh wow! Those were always great concerts. Digging through some tour dates I found that you played the "Ziegelhof" - one of the few concerts ever to be staged there as complaints from the neighbours and a substantial lack of financial funding closed that venue after only two or three bands had played there. Any chance of you playing here again in the near future? :)

[quote]Any chance of you playing here again in the near future?[/quote]
Sorry Jogi, doesn't look like it [url="http://www.manfredmann.co.uk/on_stage/mantour2000.html"]Clickety click[/url].We do spend a lot of time in Germany though so it's quite likely we'll be in a town near you shortly.

Steve