Why become a member? ×

3/4 ply 'rockabilly' double bass WITHDRAWN - SOLD ON EBAY
£450

I picked this up a couple of months ago, with a view to learn upright again, but I simply do not have time. :(

It's a 3/4 size ply bass, which a previous owner has painted a rather fetching duck egg colour, with black edges. The fingerboard is painted, it is not ebony. It plays really nicely, with an excellently fitted bridge, low action and there are no rattles or buzzes. It has a set of D'addario helicore light pizz strings fitted, which are about 6 weeks old, and there is also a bag of various old strings (which came with the bass), which includes weedwackers, nylons and even some gut strings. (However, I don't know what the quality of these sets is as I haven't fitted them). There is also an adjustable bridge included which isn't currently fitted, but it looks like it has been in the past - the shape is cut to match the current bridge.

Here's where it gets good... :) The bass is fitted with a K&K Rockabilly pickup system - this is a piezo in the bridge wing and a clicky on the back of the fingerboard, with an external preamp which allows you to set the volume, gain, treble and bass of each pickup independently. There is also a carbon German bow from Thomann, along with a pot of rosin. I've also got a well padded gigbag for the bass which will be included in the sale.

I'm looking for £450 ono, collected from Derby, or I could travel a reasonable distance providing my petrol is covered.

This is a lot of bass for the money, and it's ready to play, set up well with good strings, a gigbag, and a great pickup.

[attachment=142027:IMG_20130615_134115.jpg]
[attachment=142093:IMG_20130822_110000.jpg]
[attachment=142094:IMG_20130822_110150.jpg]

Edited by guybrush threepwood

As an update, I'll be putting this on a eBay buy it now tomorrow. I'd much rather sell it on here of course (and it'll be priced higher on eBay to reflect their fees).

I am open to offers, though not really interested in trades at the moment - I'd like to use the money from this sale on another cab, and I'm quite specific in what I'm after.