Why become a member? ×

SOLD - please remove
£180

martthebass

I really love this Precision, I've used it on a fair few gigs over the last 18 months or so but since I changed my cab for a Barefaced Compact it really doesn't seem to work in some gig situations where my other more treble/active basses do. I don't want to go through another bout of rig changing so I've decided to let this go in favour of a Jazz or a double pickup bass.

A bit about the bass; it started life as an Affinity P bass but the only bit that's left is the body. The neck has been changed to a Mighty Mite maple board jobbie (with 70's style Fender Logo), the guts and pots for higher quality, the bridge for a high mass, the original crappy tuners for Wilkinson 70's style and the single ply white pg for a Bass Doc 3 ply torty one. Last but not least, the original Squier pup has been replaced with a Wizard Thumper.

The body has a few dings but nothing too extreme and no wood is exposed. I know that you never get back what you put in when you build a bitsa but I think £180 is a good starting point for this nice playing bass. As I said above I'm looking for a Jazz or similar and would consider a trade with some cash coming from me for the right bass.[attachment=141906:P1000895.JPG][attachment=141907:P1000899.JPG]

Edited by martthebass

Cheers Pete. Strangely enough this is my 'go to' bass as it is so comfortable to play but the lack of a HF unit in the BF Compact means I don't get enough cut on stage so I end up using a Stingray or my (cough) Rickenbacker most of the time. I used my old (now departed) 75RI Jazz on a gig at the back end of last year using the BF/LM3 rig and this sempt ok so that looks like the way to go.

Angelagnostic....pm replied to.

Gramme....sorry no idea on the radius, feels a little flatter than my Stingray. Weight wise, it's light to medium, certainly sub 9lb - significantly lighter than my mm and Ric. I'm also sensitive to weight (shoulder probs and long sets - hence the Status) and I find it pretty light.