Why become a member? ×

ACG 02 Pre Amp x2 **SOLD**
£65

There's a bit of a story to these :lol:

Here goes...

I had a bass made for me and bought a used ACG 02 for it and when I got the bass home it had a high pitched buzz, especially when close to the computer and worse with the treble boosted, I had a friend check the wiring and all seemed OK so in desperation I bought another second hand 02 and my mate swapped them over and the bass was still noisy! At the weekend I got him to remove the second pre amp and wire the bass up passively and it's now sounding great and I think I'll leave it passive.

So now to the tricky bit, I have 2x ACG 02 to sell that judging by my experiences with them are actually not faulty, why they didn't like my bass I have no idea and I may never know.

I'm only going to ask for £65.00 [u]each[/u] including postage to the UK mainland as I can't 100% promise they work faultlessly, as I said I can't see how both of them would have exactly the same issue it must have been an earthing issue with the bass.

You can get an absolutely amazing array of tones from this system from sizzling highs to dub and some cool filter sweeps if you turn the knobs quickly while playing.

If you are a dab hand at electronics (I'm not by the way) you are welcome to come ant test them out, not sure how you do that but feel free to do so, I'll supply the coffee :)

So to be clear I'm selling them as [u]faulty[/u] but I doubt very much that they are.

One has the 3 stacked pots Vol/Bal then the 2 filter stacks the other has the additional passive tone pot and the jumper and separate volume for a bass with only one pick-up.

Any qustions feel free to ask and I'll answer them as honestly and to the best of my ability.

R.

[attachment=141845:P1000976 lr.jpg] [attachment=141846:P1000978 lr.jpg]

Edited by Rumple

What's the lighting in the room you play it? I have LED recessed lighting on a dimmer switch which can cause interference on certain electronic items including active basses. What's the screening and grounding on the bass like?

[quote name='BassBus' timestamp='1376913672' post='2180683']
What's the lighting in the room you play it? I have LED recessed lighting on a dimmer switch which can cause interference on certain electronic items including active basses. What's the screening and grounding on the bass like?
[/quote]

Hi, normal house lighting, my other basses don't make a sound in the same set-up, the bass has the cavity screened and the ground wire was used for the passive set-up and works, it's a bit baffling.