Why become a member? ×

Squier Bullet Bass

Donnyboy

I was looking throught the Bass Book referred to in another thread and there an advert for Squier - probably early/mid '80's advertising a Precision and the Bullet

I've not seen or heard anything about them and don't recall seeing any advertised for sale.

Anyone got any views or knowledge - i presume they were short-lived??

I've owned both Squier and Fender versions and also the shorter scale Fender version. They have excellent necks - very like a Tele bass and I suspect some may have been rebadged by naughty people as Fender Tele necks as they are so nice. The Squiers were SQ era - 1984ish. Very lightweight and good to play. The pickups weren't too hot being a Mustang-type with only one pole piece per string. A nice bass if you can get one they tend to go for £250 for the Squiers and a bit more for the US version.

[quote name='Dandelion' timestamp='1376649659' post='2177280']
My Dad had a Fender Bullet Guitar.

It had a genuine USA Telecaster neck with Fender tuners but a cheap wooden body and pups.

The body was a smaller version of a strat.

They were aimed at beginners I think.

Came in a nice hard case too
[/quote]

I had the Bullet Deluxe guitar - Tele neck and downsized plywood (ahem - 'laminate') body, 2 Strat-style single coils. I added a middle pickup and complicated switching options before I eventually sold it, having purchased an '85 MIJ Squier Tele (which I still own). Mine had a proper 6-way bridge, whereas on the cheaper models the bridge was formed by an upturn in the pickguard - really! I don't know whether any of the basses suffered that particular abomination.

EDIT - I still have the case too! I removed some of the polystyrene foam behind the black fur material so that my Tele would fit. Ah those were the days...

Edited by JapanAxe