Why become a member? ×

Hmmmmm, from £390 to £699. That's what I call an optimist

gjones

I saw this bass in a local pawnbrokers going for £390. Looks like somebody bought it and immediately whacked it up on Ebay for £699. Now a roadworn, shell pink, Japanese Jazz Bass, going for £390 is probably a little on the high side (considering the headstock looks like it's been chewed by a dog). But putting it up for sale for £699 is the definition of optimism.

[url="http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/251317627113?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1438.l2649"]http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/251317627113?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1438.l2649[/url]

Although I did consider buying it myself when I saw it in that pawnbrokers window.

[quote name='the hand of john curley' timestamp='1376469287' post='2174213']
Maybe just me....but the logo looks all wrong...? But then I am prone to bouts of random paranoia
;)

What?...who said that?...keep away...keep away...do y'hear.......
[/quote]

Maybe the dog chewed the logo off as well?

I think increasing numbers of people are using ebay as a shop window. Put high price on it so that it doesn't actually sell via ebay and hope that someone local sees it and contacts you. You sell it to them for a more reasonable price outside ebay and avoid fees.

you see it here as well in the classifieds "its on ebay but contact me via basschat and we can do a deal..."