Why become a member? ×

FGN Mighty Jazz

ChickenKiev

I like researching some of my favourite bands (metalcore boo-hiss!) to see what instruments they endorse.

I noticed a few of them endorse FGN. I was immediately intrigued as I've never even heard pf FGN, plus it's not the usual ESP/LTD, Schecter and Ibanez you would come to expect from these sorts of bands.

After checking out the FGN website for the first time this evening, I really REALLY like the look of the Mighty Jazz, more specifically the tobacco burst with maple fingerboard. I'm a lover of Jazz basses and I honestly think this is my new front-runner for a new purchase. If I were to get one I'd probably also consider adding possibly an Aguilar preamp.

I'm wondering if anyone out there has ever tried or owns an FGN Mighty Jazz as I would love to know what you think.

Also, where the hell do you even buy one? I understand they're a Japanese brand, but honestly help meeee!

Cheers,

Kiev.

FGN is the "own brand" of the Fujigen Factory.

They do have European distribution, although no-one appears to be bringing into the UK specifically and the range available in Europe doesn't appear to include the Mighty Jazz.

You could try [url=http://www.digimart.net/search?category12Id=359&keywordAnd=FGN+Mighty+Jazz&x=0&y=0]Digimart[/url] and see if any of the shops selling them in Japan will export to the UK. Or maybe hope that one turns up on the Ishibashi UBox.

TBH there's a lot of Japanese manufacturers making "Super Jazz" basses at this price point I can't really see what sets FGN apart from Bacchus, Vanzandt, Atelier Z, Crews Maniac Sound, Moon or Dragonfly to name but a few.

Oh no..importing stuff..now it's starting to get pricey. I have experience buying things online from Japan, and a lot of sellers don't do Paypal and you have to be a resident of Japan to buy using a card/bank account which means there's a lot of middle-man fees. Never done it with such a large and heavy thing before..I'd dread to think how much it'd cost.

I'll check those other brands you've mentioned too. There might be something I like better that actually exists outside of Asia :P.

[quote name='ChickenKiev' timestamp='1376258767' post='2171537']
Oh no..importing stuff..now it's starting to get pricey. I have experience buying things online from Japan, and a lot of sellers don't do Paypal and you have to be a resident of Japan to buy using a card/bank account which means there's a lot of middle-man fees. Never done it with such a large and heavy thing before..I'd dread to think how much it'd cost.
[/quote]

Importing stuff isn't difficult. I've bought instruments from Japan many times before although it's been from Ishibashi (who are used to selling for export) or in person, but it's been a pleasure to do business every time. The Japanese certainly know how to do top notch customer service!

Alright cool.

This is the one I was talking about from Norway:

http://www.gitarhuset.no/product/3024197/fgn-emj-al-r-mightyjazz-bass-3-tone-sunburst

Not the maple fingerboard like I originally wanted, but that's an Elite as supposed to a Standard. But the one in the link is equally as sexy in my opinion. :).

I'll keep looking and saving those pennies.

Edited by ChickenKiev