Why become a member? ×

Rosin - The Powdery kind ;)

FLoydElgar

I suppose as musicians we all want to try new things... i.e.. P bass, Jazz bass, Ken smith, new pickups new strings, new amps etc...
I've been experimenting myself...

I have recently moved over to the Cello Rosin and can only see the benefits in why so many pros use it in the Orchestra... Bigger sound, easier to control dynamics and the overall improvement is amazing....

If you have a spare £10 kicking around.... instead of buying 4 Jagerbombs (tasty) grab yourself some new rosin and experiment! : D

I am using Kaplan Artkraft light Rosin around £6.50 inc pp - i think I bought it on string Zone..
It does the job at the mo but am looking at getting Goldflex string rosin in the next few following months!

I bought some Bernadel about a month ago - quite powdery and great response and tone but seem to clag up the string with residue a lot . Before anyone says 'aaahh ...too much rosin!' I was pretty economical with it too. Could have been the hot summer . I'll have a look out for the Kaplan - thanks for the steer Floyd.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

[quote name='hugoatmonteiro' timestamp='1377519872' post='2188362']
But are you mixing the Bernardel with the Gaston Brohan Oak Soft Plus?
I'm using the Bernardel for a while and I find difficult in the attack of the E and A strings... I need more "bite".
Previously I used Kolstein All Weather.
Do you recommend the Gaston Brohan Oak Soft Plus?
[/quote] yes I like the Gaston Brohan a lot - Its not a powdery rosin like the Bernadel and I had a bit of a nighmare with it in an our door gig where it was 34 C. Jury is out on the Bernadel - it seemed to be powdery and grippy but left a brittle residue on the string.