Why become a member? ×

TRACE 300SMX HEAD IN SKB & MESA BOOGIE ROAD-READY 1X15 CAB

7string

[size=3]After selling my USA Fender Urge in the last couple of days, I've decided to let these go as well.

I suffer from M.E./CFS and have done for the last 3 years, so there's no way I can do a gig. I thought that there's no point in keeping them as I don't know when I'm going to get better, so I might as well sell them so someone can get some use from them.

[color="#FF0000"][b]First up is my Trace Elliot 300SMX head. From the very day I bought it, it's been kept inside this SKB 2U case. Because of that, it's in absolutely mint condition. The case has a couple of scuff marks and a splash of gloss paint, but the head inside is absolutely A1.[/b][/color]

Please bear in mind that this is a 'proper' Trace head, made before Trace went to Gibson and now Peavey. The older one's were indeed the best.[/size]

Going from left to right, the controls are divided into INPUT GAIN, GRAPHIC EQUALISER, SOUND MANAGEMENT AND OUTPUT LEVEL.

[b][color="#FF0000"]INPUT GAIN[/color][/b] - Here we have the input jack with a push-push button for switching between active and passive basses. Also in this section we have the input blend for controlling how much of your tone is going to come from the solid state part of the pre and how much from the tube preamp. Lastly, we have a large red dial for controlling the input level. The red, yellow and green LED's immediately to the left of the dial let you know when you are at optimum input level.

[b][color="#FF0000"]GRAPHIC EQUALISER[/color][/b]- Here we have Trace's famous 12 band graphic equaliser allowing you to cut and boost given frequencies. You can also bypass this if you want and adjust the level of the graphic as well. Also here is the ability to switch in either of Trace's 2 pre-shapes.

[b][color="#FF0000"]SOUND MANAGEMENT[/color][/b]- - Here we have Trace's dual compressors (low and high) and an eq balance control for taking the whole graphic higher or lower.

[b][color="#FF0000"]OUTPUT LEVEL[/color][/b]- - On the extreme right of the controls we can adjust the output level and the levels of the effects in the loop. There's also a very handy standy-by button, which mutes the speaker-outs but still lets you use the tuner you have connected to the tuner in on the back of the unit.

[b]ON THE BACK - [/b]

The back of the unit is pretty straightfoward. Firstly, we have the mains input and the power switch. Then we have the effects loop, the send level control for the loop and the full range/high pass push-push button. The D.I. output is next, then the tuner out. The jack for the included Trace footswitch is here as well. Please note though, that I picked up this pedal second-hand. It isn't in A1 condition like the head, but it works a treat. Lastly on the back, we have the outputs for running one or two 8 ohm speakers.

You can also see written here the output power of the head - 280W RMS, 550W peak.

This amp is plenty loud enough. I've run it with the Mesa-Boogie cab (which is coming up next) and never had to put the volume at more than 4 !!

[size=3][color="#FF0000"][b][size=4]Price £500 o.n.o.[/size][/b][/color]

[color="#000080"][size=3]AS ALWAYS, IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS JUST PM ME[/size][/color]

[size=3]Next up is my Mesa-Boogie Road Ready cab.

This cab is 450W, 8 ohms and is loaded with a 15" speaker with a horn. This is one solid piece of kit !! It's heavy, it's on castors and is definately road-ready. In fact, this used to belong to Mark King (Level 42). I do not have anything to prove this, but was told by the Bass Centre that it was indeed his and it was a commission sale.

[size=3]The great thing about Boogie's Road-Ready series is that you can set-up your gear in no time at all.

Unclick the front cover with the 4 big catches, remove it and there's the front all ready to go. The XLR connection is on the back (as well as the switch to defeat the horn), plug into there and you're ready to roll, it's as quick and as simple as that. Gig over, pull the lead from the back of the cab, fit the front back on and roll it away.[/size]

[color="#FF0000"][b]Price £550 o.n.o.[/b][/color][/size][/size]

[color="#000080"][size=3]AS ALWAYS, IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS JUST PM ME[/size][/color]

Edited by 7string

Very nice gear and it's a shame that you're in this situation of not being able to gig any more. So although i want to wish you good luck with the sale, I also want to wish you the best in terms of a speedy recovery from the M.E./CFS!

Thanks so much for your kind words....

Yup, having M.E./CFS is a pain in the rear end, but I can still play I just can't gig :) I'm trying to make the best of a bad situation by studying with the Open University. If I pass this year then I have my B.A. in Humanities with Music as a speciality. I've already got my Diploma in Music.

[quote name='7string' post='216484' date='Jun 10 2008, 10:56 PM']Thanks so much for your kind words....

Yup, having M.E./CFS is a pain in the rear end, but I can still play I just can't gig :) I'm trying to make the best of a bad situation by studying with the Open University. If I pass this year then I have my B.A. in Humanities with Music as a speciality. I've already got my Diploma in Music.[/quote]
I've a friend with the same condition and she tries to be really positive about things too - a bit of studying, volunteering etc, etc and it seems to make a lot of difference..

Like I say, good luck with it all!

Probably not. I just tend to start these things at the lowest I want for it, but then again I don't want to price myself out of the market !! I'll be using the same wording as on here and the eBay name will ring bells, so you'll find it quite easily.

It's quite heavy so postage could be an issue. As I'm in Glasgow, I always offer to deliver or meet with the buyer within 100 miles.