Why become a member? ×

Barefaced Big One and/or MarkBass F1
£850

davehux

With the imminent arrival of a BF S12T, I'm putting this awesome rig up for sale. I'd prefer to sell it as one, but will split if necessary. Both items were bought off BC'ers in Jan and Feb this year and have only been gigged a couple of times since then.

What can I say about the sound except - MASSIVE!!!! Loads of bottom end, and enough power to punch through even the most over the top drummer and guitard.

The Big One is in 9/10 condition, with just a few wear marks on the corner protectors. It comes with a brand new Roqsolid cover.

The F1 has light scratches on the top and bottom, but is in full, LOUD, working order. No lead, as I need it for my new head.

Best option would be to come and try it for yourself, but I can courier them if necessary. Have priced it out with Interparcel at £45 for the cab and £20 for the amp, fully insured (could probably get both amp and cab together for £45) . If you can do it cheaper and at your own risk, then feel free. I always use an insured service for items of value.

[b]£850 for the pair - not looking for trades - too much stuff already ;)

or

£550 for the Big One and cover *On Hold Until 12/8/13*
£400 for the F1[/b]

Borrowed this from the BF website via another old ad on here

[i][b]Massive bottom end, mid range punch, treble clarity and, for their weight, the loudest deepest bass cabs you can buy...[/b]

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Is that another fifteen? Why yes it is, a very very special [/font][/color][b]one[/b][color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]. And what's that other speaker in there? It's six and a half inches of punch, clarity, growl and sweetness.[/font][/color]
[b]But it's just a big speaker and a little speaker, all inone box. I've seen cabs like that from other makers.[/b]

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]The magic is inside the box - a full 2-way crossover, akin to that found in the very best studio monitors, which splits the sound between the two speakers, so each speaker can concentrate on doing what it does best. No other crossover found in a bass guitar cab has this complex topology, with very steep slopes so it is all but impossible to overpower the midrange driver, so that you get no interference between drivers either side of the crossover point, and so that you get the most accurate and realistic sound whether you're the bassist, a bandmate or a fan.[/font][/color]
[b]Big One - our flagship model[/b]

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]The massive port may give away that there is something different about this classic looking cab. So what is going on behind that silver cloth grill? Well it's a very very special fifteen plus a tiny giant of a six and a half inch midrange driver.[/font][/color]
[b]Prepare for a tone, bottom and output revelation[/b]

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Featuring a extremely high excursion neo woofers in an oversized ported enclosures gives the [/font][/color][b]Big[/b][color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif] [/font][/color][b]One[/b][color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif] the ability to move more air and give you a fatter high SPL bass sound than most cabs twice their size (and how many more times its weight?!)[/font][/color]
[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Because this woofers is so good at going low it is not good at going high - the rest of your sound comes from an extremely high output 6.5" midrange speaker which gives you more tone and volume than you can believe possible from such a small speaker - it can cut through even the densest rock mix. Not only that but because this speaker is small it disperses your midrange much better than if it were coming from a larger woofer.[/font][/color]
[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Stand anywhere in the room and you will hear almost exactly the same tone - no other bass cab can achieve this![/font][/color]

[b]DIMENSIONS[/b][color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif] 29.5" high x 21" wide x 16" deep WEIGHT 41 lbs SENSITIVITY Similar to a quality 2x12" FREQUENCY RESPONSE Unusually flat response from the deep thick lows to the clear highs RECOMMENDED AMP POWER 200-1000W RMS MAXIMUM OUTPUT Similar to a high quality 6x10" or 2x15" NOMINAL IMPEDANCE 8 ohms[/font][/color][/i]

Edited by davehux

Spec & blurb in this thread.

http://basschat.co.uk/topic/183883-barefaced-big-one-l450-price-drop-collection-from-manchester/page__fromsearch__1

Edited by barkin