Why become a member? ×

Just bought a Reaper licence

Mornats

It's been on my to-do list for a long time but after using Reaper for at least 18 months I've finally bought the licence. :D I've felt awful for not having done so sooner, especially as their attitude towards DRM totally rocks:

"Honest Business Model
We offer a good product at a fair price.

We don't spend money and effort on marketing, complicated piracy protection, or other things that do not directly improve REAPER and the user experience.

We think the good will generated by playing fair and being responsive to users is more valuable to our business than short-term profits."

It's only $60 (around £40 or so, give or take) and has just about everything you need in there. All of my other software is legit so it's been a shame it's taking me so long to stop abusing the overly generous trial period of Reaper.

[quote name='RockfordStone' timestamp='1375201170' post='2158063']
its a great bit of kit, only thing it misses for me is some basic vst instruments inside it, but its reliable and solid
[/quote]

I guess that keeps the cost down and there are loads of ways to get some decent free vst instruments - Kontakt Player, Independence Free, Sample Tank Free etc. It's worth noting that the Rea effects (ReaEQ, ReaComp and so on) are highly rated by Mike Senior (who wrote that Mixing Secrets book that a lot of people on here are a fan of, including me).

In fact, I've managed to get Sample Tank 2 L and Miroslav Philharmonik on sales for $40 each (around £30 or so) so if you add in the cost of those to Reaper it still comes in under the price point of a lot of competitors.

Plus this statement of theirs deserves the payment alone! "No Intrusive Copy Protection. We believe that technological enforcement of copy protection is not in the best interest of our customers." \m/