Why become a member? ×

Hey!

Alex_Of_Icarus

Hey,

Joined Basschat about a week ago but haven't had time to say hi, so.... Hi!

I've been playing bass for around 7 years, and i'm currently about 70% through my mission to replace Dave Elllefson in Megadeth, just need to get close enough to put him out of the picture.... I joke (but it would be awesome right?)

Currently playing with 'Sons Of Icarus', a hard rock band from Guildford, Surrey. Just finished a UK tour as special guests to Clutch (Dan Maines being another of my favourite players!) working on a release for our debut album, and gigging as much as we can :)

I also do a bit of teaching at a small music school in Surrey, mostly young kids wanting to learn 1D songs, but I WILL put an end to that..

Anyways, that's me, see you on the other side...

Alex

Hey! And welcome Alex. You havent had the time!!!! You must make time for basschat or else you could be attracting the wrath of the welcoming commitee (bass tractor etc)

Metal's where it's at my friend, although not sure what 'it' is. Good luck with the remaining 30%

Cheers Leen.

Edited by Leen2112

[quote name='Leen2112' timestamp='1374661404' post='2151372']
Hey! And welcome Alex. You havent had the time!!!! You must make time for basschat or else you could be attracting the wrath of the welcoming commitee (bass tractor etc)
[/quote]

Haha time will be made! Just as soon as I have a phone with a decent browser (ie; not a Blackberry). Too much of my time is spent in a van on the M25 :'(

Ah, it's only because nobody likes me around here, so I have time to check BC twentyfourseven inbetween customers, kids and exes.
Welcome, Alex! You were lucky not only finding us, but even getting the attention of both Dandelion and Cheers Leen, two exquisite specimenses of the whomb-man race!
That, or you're demn shrewd and cunning.

Anyway, I hope you like your stay. Just relax and put and end to putting an end to people 'n' stuff.
Also don't be a stranger. Partaking is the best medicine.
Be kind to others and let no-one tell you otherwise.

Enjoy!

best,
bert

Edited by BassTractor

[quote name='Alex_Of_Icarus' timestamp='1374659148' post='2151338']
I also do a bit of teaching at a small music school in Surrey, mostly young kids wanting to learn 1D songs, but I WILL put an end to that..

Alex
[/quote]

And I will support you in your quest! Any way welcome to the forum!

[quote name='Dandelion' timestamp='1374664346' post='2151428']
Ayup!

Please await post from Bass Tractor.

It is the law.
[/quote]

That made my day! :lol: But without him people wouldn't feel welcome to the site and unloved! I remember the Bass Tractor welcoming me on my entrance to BassChat and it was awesome! Made this place seem friendly! :)

[quote name='Themrperson' timestamp='1374710489' post='2152404']
But without him people wouldn't feel welcome to the site and unloved!
[/quote]

But they [b]are[/b] unloved! :o
You're bewildering me here, Themr. ;)
It's just that I think them are person too. I don't love them! :)

Seriously though: just passing on the welcome I received myself.

[quote name='Themrperson' timestamp='1374710489' post='2152404']
I remember the Bass Tractor welcoming me on my entrance to BassChat and it was awesome! Made this place seem friendly! :)
[/quote]

Then what happened? ;)

b,
b

Edited by BassTractor