Why become a member? ×

Yamaha BB 2005 5 string natural finish "SOLD"
£495

bassmanady

Hi all,

Looking to sell my Yamaha BB2005,which i have owned for around 2 years,and its been one of my favourite basses.
I have withdrawn it from sale a couple of times,but since buying my Lakland Classic, four months ago its not being played that often,and i dont have the need for a back-up bass,

The bass is in excellent condtion,no buckle rash,just a few dings here and there,with a couple of small scratches on the back of the neck,shown on pics.
Controls are,Volume,pick-up pan,bass cut/boost,treble cut/boost,mid sweep,mid sweep on/off switch.
The bass boost/cut control has a fault in so much you can cut the bass frequency,but only boost it to one level,from the centre detente.Its hard to describe but the bass is very usable,more bass could be set from the amp if needed,but i usually had it set flat anyway.

34" scale neck,18mm bridge string spacing.Body is alder with maple cap,arch top to body,rosewood fingerboard with fret marker block inlays.

Set with a low action and recently fitted set of Elixir stainless steel strings,it has an excellent B string,and the build quality is superb as they were over £1000 to buy new 10 years ago..there is a review of the 4 string version in Bass guitar magazine June/July 2003.

It weighs 10lbs,and the balance is good,and according to the serial number made in25/06/2003

I have set the price to reflect the fault on the bass control,as i have seen these basses sell for £550-£600 price range in the past.,but i have not seen one of these for sale for some time.
Not after any trades as i would prefer to keep this,i only need one bass these day

Now Sold,gone back to a good home

cheers Ady

Edited by bassmanady

If I wasn't saving up for my wedding I'd snap your hand off, got rid of one exactly the same a couple of years ago and really regretted it. That price is a real bargain too - these are real quality basses! Good luck with the sale.