Why become a member? ×

Precision v jazz

marcus bell

I'm sure Mark King isn't too keen on your sound either :lol: It's all subjective (as is the P v J debate). I currently dig the Jazz, having previously liked a good P, however mine has a Status Graphite neck :) .

The Precision is my favourite bass of all time, that's why I own a Jazz Bass, a Musicman Stingray and a Rickenbacker 4003...

Everytime I buy a new bass I have a 'dammit!' moment a month or so later!! Still, it means that I always have at least one more bass to buy. Mrstheelvy does not quite see it the same way...

Precision all the way for me now.

I made the mistake of buying lots of basses to try and find what suited me as a new player (I played 12 string guitar for 45 years until I got arthur-ritis)
Circumstances meant that I had to stop playing guitar but then the bass player moved south so we were left without and it was suggested that I 'learned' to play one, yeah just like that! :rolleyes:

I knew nothing about them at all so I went on a voyage of discovery and bought and sold loads of them not really having a clue. Anyway I found that a Precision is what suits me best for my limited ability. It has simple, easy to adjust controls and a thud that I find very satisfying so I have a couple of them.