Why become a member? ×

Volume Issues

BassBum

Hi.
I am using a Pwnzor compressor and TC Electronics chorus. with a TC Electronics Polytune.

Gigging last night and halfway thru a number the volume halves (as if the compressor had turned off). No button clicking just the compressor always on. Checked and all pedals were as they should be.

Linked straight from bass to head bypassing the pedals and volume returned so finished gig that way.

At the end of the gig. re-connected pedals to test everything and it was fine,

This is really confusing me as I have also checked it at home this morning and it's fine.

It's making me nervous as what to use for the next gig. It's almost like when something gets hot it cuts out. Then re-connects when cooled. ???

Currently using Tuner - Compressor - Chorus

Any ideas REALLY APPRECIATED

Bassbum

I occasionally have a similar thing, most recently with mid set farting/distortion on my clean sounds, like you it stops after a rest...might strip my pedal board down back to basics...or mebbe get a looper and have everything on separate loops...

What power supply are you using? Is the power daisy chained or do you use a distributor like a gig rig?

I'd be checking the resistance of the patch leads used also - I had similar issues when I first used effects and the power supply I was using just wouldn't deliver enough juice under certain conditions, also I replaced all the patch leads with George L's (which improved reliability enormously).

Hi.
Thanks for the replies.
The pedals are powered by a "1 spot" and daisy chained. But I will be looking into a more substantial system like the gig rig.

Or even power them individually. The Pwnzor has internal charge pump circuitry to produce 18 volts of headroom from a standard 9 volt supply for plenty of clean headroom

Perhaps it's pulling too much power using all 3 pedals from one supply ??
Cheers

Edited by BassBum