Why become a member? ×

Updated: Vanderkley's new Aurora head

BassTractor

[quote name='rk7' timestamp='1412764418' post='2571700']
I'm not the best at the technobabble. I've tried to make it a real-impressions type of write up.
[/quote]

That's why its good :) we can all look through spec lists for the techno stuff...

[quote name='rk7' timestamp='1412764418' post='2571700']
I would definitely suggest trying one before pulling the trigger on the Blue Soul. I considered this amp more than once during the 18 month wait, but was strongly 'steered' towards waiting for the Aurora. I am soooo glad I did.
[/quote]

But waiting is far to sensible... My Blue Soul GAS has been a slow burner and been nagging at me for a while, think I'm going to pull the trigger.

Hopefully I'll get a chance to give one of these a go at the bass show next year if Vanderkley have a stand again, so that will be my chance to give the Aurora a proper blast and decide, having lived with the Glock for a while, what works best for me.

Edited by CamdenRob

[quote name='CamdenRob' timestamp='1412764802' post='2571707']

That's why its good :) we can all look through spec lists for the techno stuff...

But waiting is far to sensible... My Blue Soul GAS has been a slow burner and been nagging at me for a while, think I'm going to pull the trigger.

Hopefully I'll get a chance to give one of these a go at the bass show next year if Vanderkley have a stand again, so that will be my chance to give the Aurora a proper blast and decide, having lived with the Glock for a while, what works best for me.
[/quote]

Yes, that makes good sense. I understand that Marc will indeed be at the bass show, so you'll get a chance to play through the Aurora. If I do end up darn sarth in the meantime, I'll bring the Aurora along.

RK

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

[quote name='Chris Horton' timestamp='1417817075' post='2624382']
I am coming round to this amp.
It looks fantastic :)
You did a nice job making the amp case.
I am hoping to try the amp out at some point , maybe pop up to bass direct and have a play :)
[/quote]

Thanks Chris!

I'm very happy with the case, and over the moon with the amp.

Well worth a trip to see Mark at Bassdirect to try one out.

RK

[quote name='rk7' timestamp='1417858412' post='2624562']
Thanks Chris!

I'm very happy with the case, and over the moon with the amp.

Well worth a trip to see Mark at Bassdirect to try one out.

RK
[/quote]

I think it will have to be done soon....
I would love to try the amp out with my Epifani series 1 cabs and see how the pairing sounds :)

• 3 months later...

[quote name='EBS_freak' timestamp='1379430469' post='2212598']
Pricey beast but impressive 2ohm figures from a class D amp. (that's assuming it's not a stereo amp expecting 4ohm on each side)

Hate the fact it hasn't got a IEC socket though - if you damage your lead, the likelihood of finding a spare at a gig in the middle of nowhere is pretty slim. At least with IECs, you are likely to find one, somewhere!
[/quote]

My thoughts exactly. Will it work at 4 ohms with my singular 210MNT and will it be available with an IEC socket power supply. Need to find out these things first. Otherwise I'm getting it!

Edited by Jumanji