Why become a member? ×

flatwound strings?

NigeH

I've been using Fender flats on my Jazz for six months now. Just picked up a CV P with roundwounds on and it's like playing with barbed wire strings :)

Going to use them until they die and then slap some Status Flats on. Flats are like a comfy pair of slippers!

[quote name='njr911' timestamp='1373619881' post='2139662']
I've been using Fender flats on my Jazz for six months now. Just picked up a CV P with roundwounds on and it's like playing with barbed wire strings :)

Going to use them until they die and then slap some Status Flats on. Flats are like a comfy pair of slippers!
[/quote]

Wimp! ;-)

The MIJ Precision I bought recently came with flats (Rotosound Jazz Bass 45-105) on it & I was surprised just how trebly they were after hearing all the talk about flats being "woolly" & "dead" sounding. I really like them actually - love the sound & the feel of them & especially like the tension (I Don't like floppy, bendy strings).

I wouldn't use flats on my Spector but I think they work really well on the Fender. They're making me play differently too, which I'm really enjoying.

[quote name='RhysP' timestamp='1373627321' post='2139790']
I wouldn't use flats on my Spector but I think they work really well on the Fender. They're making me play differently too, which I'm really enjoying.
[/quote]

Exactly. It's the old "horses f*** horses" thing innit? :D

[quote name='RhysP' timestamp='1373627321' post='2139790']
The MIJ Precision I bought recently came with flats (Rotosound Jazz Bass 45-105) on it & I was surprised just how trebly they were after hearing all the talk about flats being "woolly" & "dead" sounding. I really like them actually - love the sound & the feel of them & especially like the tension (I Don't like floppy, bendy strings).

[/quote]
Rotosound Jazz Bass flats are among the highest tension and most bright sounding of flats. I can't say I like them myself.