Why become a member? ×

Epiphone Bass

bodger74

Just trying to find out more about this bass of mine. Any info much appreciated.
There's a Epiphone guitar series called Scroll which is along the same lines but has only one scroll.

Thanks

Bodger

[attachment=9432:DSC00026.JPG]

[attachment=9433:DSC00027.JPG]

[attachment=9434:DSC00028.JPG]

[attachment=9435:DSC00029.JPG]

According to [url="http://viewmorepics.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=viewImage&friendID=190270840&imageID=7377123"]this page[/url] (you'll need to be logged in to a myspace account to see it) it's an SC II-B. Matsumoku made a lot of Epihones, and by the sound of the "three piece maple neck" this is one of them.

No doubt Jon (Bassassin) will know a thing or two about these.

[quote name='Musky' post='215127' date='Jun 8 2008, 09:48 PM']According to [url="http://viewmorepics.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=viewImage&friendID=190270840&imageID=7377123"]this page[/url] (you'll need to be logged in to a myspace account to see it) it's an SC II-B. Matsumoku made a lot of Epihones, and by the sound of the "three piece maple neck" this is one of them.

No doubt Jon (Bassassin) will know a thing or two about these.[/quote]
Wish I did! I can't really add much - it's Matsumoku, late 70s & I've had the raging GAS for one ever since one turned up on US Ebay about a year ago... :huh:

Has the same "wavy" Grover copy tuners as Matsumoku Rickenfakers - in fact it's the only other bass I've seen them on.

Bodger - if you ever decide to sell, drop us a PM... :)

Jon.