Why become a member? ×

Anyone used a AKG WMS 40 Mini Wireless?

Wooks79

Any experience with one of these? Is it too good to be true at that price?

[url="http://www.gak.co.uk/en/akg-wms-40-mini-wireless-instrument-set-ism1-eu1-863.100/52239"]http://www.gak.co.uk/en/akg-wms-40-mini-wireless-instrument-set-ism1-eu1-863.100/52239[/url]

Cheers.

Ive got the Guitar Bug version, i paid £70 for it new a few years ago so yes, id say thats a pretty good deal.

I have just switched to a Line 6 Relay G30 and that just cost me £260, so £83 seems a pretty good deal if you arent needing anything more advanced, or wanting to pay more.
Probably not good for large stages, although ive never played on any big stages with mine so couldn't really say. I did find the range good enough for most of my venues and never had any issues with it.

Im not sure if these analogue systems are going to be as hassle free as they used to be, due to the change in the radio channels being changed and getting very conjested, but up until last week i wasnt seeing any issues with my old AKG system.

A timely thread as my superb Sennheiser Freeport which has had constant trouble free use for about 4 years has suddenly started mis-behaving. Unexpected volume drop-outs, random poor signal. All the connections are good, new battery - it's rather annoying. I now realise how much I rely on it and having to go back to one of those long cable thingies at the weekend was a shock to the system: I couldn't get out front to do a proper sound check, and I was stuck on stage the whole evening. No fun at all.

That AKG looks looks like a great deal, as I cannot afford to fork out for one of those fancy pricey ones.

Anyone used one of them in anger?

Cheers

Geoff

I've got the WMS40 - good little unit (although the power supply for the one I bought was faulty), used it on mid-sized stages without problems. Never more than a few metres from my amp though, I tend to use wireless as much for avoiding getting shocks from microphones as for roaming the stage.