Why become a member? ×

Bottom E sounds great but others sounded a bit weedy, any idea?

So good gig last night, but to my (one) ear the bottom E sounded huge and fat and juicy but the others all seemed to disappear in the mix. This doesnt always happen but seemed particularly noticeable last night. All the eq was the same (SWR 700 head into Kappalite 115) all set roughly to 12 o'clock with the bass enhancer on (actually, maybe that was the problem!) Does anyone else ever get this problem now and again?

It's all down to the acoustics of the room and the way the PA is set up, I bet if you play the same venue in a couple of weeks you probably won't experience the same issue again.

Yesterday morning at rehearsal I demo'ed my new 1x15 bass cab and at times it felt like the building was going to crumble (turned out the drummer had turned his vocal mike to face the wall, as soon as he moved it back the problem went away)

Then at last nights gig the bass was all top and clack yet every time I played a low B I was moving glasses on tables.

Played a festival this lunchtime, same set up, same bass and it all sounded perfect.

A lot of the time the root cause will lie in the pa set up and from experience often monitor levels or graphic settings for the monitors sometimes it will just be the acoustics of the room and there is not a great deal you can do about it

You may be on to something with the bass enhancer, as enhancer circuits tend to scoop the mids in favour of the top and bottom, though I'm not familiar with SWR amps so can't be sure in this case.