Why become a member? ×

Rock and Roll

I love lots of different styles. My heart is in rockabilly, very close is proper country/hillbilly/honky tonk/country boogie/western swing/Rock N Roll.

I enjoy bluesy stuff, but more akin to the early raw blues, Muddy Waters, JLH, etc rather than what seems to be referred to as Texas blues.

I enjoy the odd bits of modern stuff, some classical, Motown/stax/northern soul type stuff.

The important bit for me is music must be played like it is meant, and needs to have some form of tune! It'd rather see an averagely competent band that get up, have a ball and put their soul into it, than a polished performance that you know will be identical tomorrow night. An example is Lucas and the dynamos on the rock n roll scene. I've not managed to see them since they reformed, but they were not the most technically capable band, but you were always in for a show.

Paul.

I was walking home from school and a boy came out of his house and said 'come in and listen to this!' I went in and heard Fats Domino singing My Blue Heavorn. It knocked me out and I still think it was the best of its time. Whether it's regarded as Rock 'n Roll I'm not sure. Frankly everything that wasn't Trad or Dance Music in those days was Rock 'n Roll. I also saw Buddy Holly live on Sunday Night at the London Palladium TV. His bass player had a blonde. Heady days!

[quote name='ChrisF' timestamp='1373471584' post='2138034']
Blimey bassace.... I thought I was old, but you must an antique ;)
[/quote]

But I am, dear, I am. As anyone who's met me will testify. Funny though, the phone still rings and I had five gigs last Fri/Sat/Sun so I must be doing something right.

[i]Help the Aged[/i]

[quote name='bassace' timestamp='1373472386' post='2138050']
But I am, dear, I am. As anyone who's met me will testify. Funny though, the phone still rings and I had five gigs last Fri/Sat/Sun so I must be doing something right.

[i]Help the Aged[/i]
[/quote]

lol..... :sun_bespectacled: :sun_bespectacled:

[quote name='bassace' timestamp='1373472386' post='2138050']

[i]Help the Aged[/i]
[/quote]

:D ...when you get too old to play - first dibs on ya rack !!