Why become a member? ×

MIJ Fender Precision Scratchplate

RhysP

I've just picked myself up a used MIJ Fender Precision in a rather fetching Fiesta Red.
I'm not too keen on the white scratchplate however & will probably change it for a black one, or possibly a tort if I can find one I like (not usually a fan of tort but I've seen some pictures where it's looked quite good on a red bass).

I seem to remember reading somwhere that MIA & MIM Fender scratchplates aren't compatible with MIJ models but I'm not sure if this is correct or not - anybody care to offer some advice?

I could get one made I suppose but it's not that important - I'll just stick with the white one if it's going to cost a packet.

I've had a plate from this guy on ebay & it fitted perfect on a MIM, pretty good quality & price - recommended :)
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/PRECISION-BASS-SCRATCH-PLATE-Pick-Guard-USA-Mex-P-Bass-fit-in-9-Colours-/190860480321?pt=UK_Guitar_Accessories&var=&hash=item2c702bcf41

Why don't you just fill the existing holes, and re drill for the new scratch plate of your choice.
I personally think a tort plate on a fiesta red P bass looks awesome. It would be real shame to spoil a bass like that with a white plate, but that's just me!