Why become a member? ×

Dinosaur plays bass at Natural History Museum

Stingray5

Ok, I'm not quite 65 million years old, not yet, but if any London-based BC'ers are around on Friday evening (28th June) and fancy a trip over to the Natural History Museum in South Kensington, I'm playing a short (and I do mean short!) set with singer/songwriter Jeanette Murphy in the museum's Central Hall.

It's for their monthly live music series "Lates with Mastercard". There are ten acts playing, each one does a 15 minute slot. Best of all, it's free admission. :)

Be nice to meet and chat with any BC'ers - or come to that, anyone else that'll talk to me...!!! :D

[url="http://www.nhm.ac.uk/visit-us/whats-on/after-hours/lates-master-card/index.html"]http://www.nhm.ac.uk/visit-us/whats-on/after-hours/lates-master-card/index.html[/url]

Cheers,
Steve

[quote name='bluejay' timestamp='1372286172' post='2123976']
Thinking of coming! Which time slot are you scheduled in?
[/quote]

Nice one, Sylvia. Be good to meet you if you can make it along.
Yeah, forgot to mention that we're sheduled for around 9pm - actually 9.20pm, I think.

[quote name='bluejay' timestamp='1372286996' post='2123985']
Excellent. You have Paul on drums too, am I right? Jack and I will make sure to pop down and catch you guys :)
[/quote]

Yep, Paul is with us, too, though he'll mainly be playing Cajon (unless he can jump on someone else's kit :) ). Great if Jack can make it too. I should have contacted him though I only just received final confirmation and details myself.

[quote name='molan' timestamp='1372287237' post='2123988']
I've played in that hall - acoustics are great fun :)

We played for a Price Waterhouse summer ball and it really was an amazing setting!

Hope you have a brilliant time.
[/quote]

Thanks Barry. I was wondering about the acoustics. I'm sure it'll be interesting, to say the least. :)

We were entirely spoilt by having a bespoke build stage and top notch sound crew so it wasn't too tough for us. It's a bloody tall ceiling though!

If you get a chance see if you can get up to the balcony area that overlooks the hall when someone else is playing. The view of the hall with people in and music on is amazing.

In fact, if it's open maybe get someone to take some pics of you playing from up there. They'll look great in the portfolio :)

[quote name='molan' timestamp='1372290132' post='2124022']
We were entirely spoilt by having a bespoke build stage and top notch sound crew so it wasn't too tough for us. It's a bloody tall ceiling though!

If you get a chance see if you can get up to the balcony area that overlooks the hall when someone else is playing. The view of the hall with people in and music on is amazing.

In fact, if it's open maybe get someone to take some pics of you playing from up there. They'll look great in the portfolio :)
[/quote]

I understand the set-up for the acts is at the top of the main stairway. I used to visit the NHM regularly at one time (along with the Science Museum, of course) so must admit the opportunity to play where once were dinosaurs was most tempting. Definitely a big room! ;)

[quote name='bluejay' timestamp='1372290242' post='2124024']
I sense a photo opportunity being thrown my way... :D
[/quote]

Haha, rumbled!! :yarr:

In 2012 I spent many evenings at the NHM, V&A and Science Museum with the Mastercard Lates and Priceless nights, so I'm very familiar with those museums. If you guys are going to play on the landing of the main staircase, that's going to be magic.Expect my usual billion photos... :rolleyes: :D

Edited by bluejay

[quote name='bluejay' timestamp='1372499590' post='2126419']
It was a pleasure to meet you, Steve, and we had a fantastic evening. I'm working on the photos and will be in touch soon. :)
Feel free to Facebook me - I'll probably publish an album there too, eventually. \m/ :D \m/
[/quote]

Excellent! Thanks again. I'm happy to Facebook you if you could send me a link or name to search for... :)
- or - I'm at [url="https://www.facebook.com/stevegeebass"]https://www.facebook.com/stevegeebass[/url]