Why become a member? ×

DR Jonas Hellborg

Just watched the BP video review. Yep that sounds like a bass string to me :huh:

I'm not trying to be negative and p*ss on their efforts but slapping a set on a bass and playing them like that was as much use as a chocolate fireguard! I have no idea what that bass/amp would sound like with an alternative string but it sounded exactly like I'd expect any string to sound. I realise they can't video every bass manufacturer with every combination of strings so that we can get a comparison but absolutely no one could put there hand on their heart and say that the soundclip gives them an idea of how that 'string' sounds.

The least they could have done (and probably the most actually) is to put a fresh set of commonly available strings on a bass (that Lakkie would do, or any bass for that matter), recorded it then whipped them off and without changing anything else played the same thing again with the DR's on. I realise the reviewer could simply change his technique and make it sound different but in the interests of an honest review we'll assume that he played the same.

Hey presto I can now hear the difference between the DR and at least one other type/make of string.

... or is it just me? :)