Why become a member? ×

George Thorogood / Katmen

onemanband

Saw a rockabilly three piece "Katmen" on Jools Holland about a month ago, thought they were fantastic, worth a night out to see anytime.
Anyway, going to see George Thorogood & The Destroyers; Sunday night, Symphony Hall, Birmingham and, guess who the support act is............yeah, Katmen............RESULT !!

Can't wait, a whole night of in yer' face, three chords, twelve bars, rock n' roll !!! :)

[quote name='onemanband' timestamp='1371907620' post='2119421']

Can't wait, a whole night of in yer' face, three chords, twelve bars, [color=#b22222]2 drums[/color], rock n' roll !!! :)
[/quote]

Fixed - great to see these bands that can conjure up so much energy from so little. Must check them out.

Just watched it. Katmen is the band behind Imelda May. Remember the ace bass solo in Johnny Got a Boom Boom? That was him.

The guitarist - Darryl Higham - is/was married to Imelda. I saw his band years ago in a support slot and (anorak warning) recognised his Peavey Rockingham signature guitar before he came on stage!

Coupled with the fabulous George Thorogood it should be a fantastic show.

[quote name='borisbrain' timestamp='1372025033' post='2120860']
'Twas a fine GT gig, though rather short. Finished by 10.15. Ace version of Bad to the Bone though...
[/quote]

+1

Katmen were great, bought the CD, but they were only on for 1/2 hr., could easily have appreciated another 15/30 minutes!!

George Thorogood was thoroly good, (get it :rolleyes: ). He must be nearly as old as me and it's nice to see him still rocking with the best of 'em!! 1hr45min. show, great band, great show, great night out.......result!!

Edited by onemanband

KatMen are back on tour in September. Well worth watching. It's been implied but to be clear it's only Darrel (Imelda's husband) and Al from Imelda May's band with Slim Jim Phantom being from, well practically everyone else! Amazing band and my gig of the year for me.