Why become a member? ×

Using EBS heads in other countries

molan

I'm shopping for an EBS head at the moment and been offered some great deals in the USA (including shipping!).

However I'm not sure about how easy they are to swap between voltages. I've had amps in the past with simple flick switches but I don't think the EBS has these.

I've tried asking EBS via their website but no response (yet).

Just wondered if any EBS users out there knew anything about this?

[quote name='molan' post='213543' date='Jun 5 2008, 10:47 PM']I'm shopping for an EBS head at the moment and been offered some great deals in the USA (including shipping!).

However I'm not sure about how easy they are to swap between voltages. I've had amps in the past with simple flick switches but I don't think the EBS has these.

I've tried asking EBS via their website but no response (yet).

Just wondered if any EBS users out there knew anything about this?[/quote]

Nup. Not switchable on the TD650 at least. Haven't got any of the others to hand... looks like you need a transformer.

[quote name='EBS_freak' post='213577' date='Jun 5 2008, 11:38 PM']Nup. Not switchable on the TD650 at least. Haven't got any of the others to hand... looks like you need a transformer.[/quote]

Yep - just spoke to an American dealer who confirmed they are not voltage switcheable.

That's that idea knocked on the head then!

[quote name='molan' post='213914' date='Jun 6 2008, 03:50 PM']Yep - just spoke to an American dealer who confirmed they are not voltage switcheable.

That's that idea knocked on the head then![/quote]

Yup - they have a fixed transformer by the looks of things. You could always look into getting a transformer. Still reckon you could be quids in...

[quote name='jake_tenfloors' post='213931' date='Jun 6 2008, 04:06 PM']If you can find a local electrical tech guy, they could quote you a price to get it swapped for Uk voltages.

I know that the guy at my works has done acouple of amps for people.

I think it tends to be changing the electrolytic capacitors and the transformer!

Jake[/quote]

...and the fuse :)