Why become a member? ×

1976 Coloursound Supa Tone Bender
£185

hambomac

[font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif][size=5][color=#000000]Coloursound Supa Tonebender. ORIGINAL 1970s. Not a reissue. Vintage 1970s fuzz pedal - rare and authentic.[/color]

[color=#000000]This was bought in denmark street London in 1976 - see photo of receipt. Absolutely no changes. Still in perfect working order, sounds amazing with bass or guitar. My dad bought this new and I inherited it. Selling to buy a Mesa boogie rig.[/color] [color=#000000]Powered by 9v battery only, no option for power adapter. Comes with original receipt and box. [/color]

[color=#000000]Please email if you have questions. I would much rather sell it here rather than eBay.[/color][/size][/font]

[font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif][size=5][color=#000000][email protected][/color][/size][/font]

[attachment=137164:IMG_1039.jpg]
[attachment=137165:IMG_1040.jpg]
[attachment=137167:IMG_1042.jpg]
[attachment=137166:IMG_1041.jpg]
[attachment=137168:IMG_1043.jpg]

Edited by hambomac

i just gave one of these away to a mates local recording studio

[color=#ff0000][size=5][b]please be aware!! [/b][/size][/color]

if it has not been used for some time that there is an electrolytic capacitor in the voltage control side of the circuit which [i][b]can[/b][/i] lose it's polarity - if you plug a 9v battery into it there is a good chance you might fry the capacitor in the voltage regulation part of the circuit - you need to bring the voltage up very slowly and gradually over 48+ or so hours from a trickle to the full 9 volts

having said that... if you do fry the capacitor - like someone i know did :huh: - they are easily replaced and the replacement can be a modern equivalent as it is not in a part of the circuit which will affect the tone

:)

[size=6]PRICE DROP £175[/size]

In response to the first comment I've fully tested it with various 9V batteries and it works fine - there are no issues with the capacitor or polarity - it sounds great and is still in perfect working order

Cheers

• 2 weeks later...