Why become a member? ×

Trading and selling on Basschat seems to have dramatically declined

cloudburst

I would probably not pay £20 to sell on Basschat unless it was a particularly expensive item. Even then I'd try Gumtree first. The fee structure seems geared towards those with incurable GAS who sell often, rather than those of us who sell maybe once or twice a year if that.
I'm also a mountain biker; Singletrackworld is a very popular forum/news site with a vibrant, free For-Sale section. They have a product to sell (a magazine) but also use much more on-site advertising than Basschat. The clever bit? If you pay to subscribe the ads go away (if you want).

[quote name='Jah Wibble' timestamp='1371731372' post='2117449']
I don't think moaning on about is really worth it........is it?
[/quote]

Having read Ped's post - I would be inclined to say no! :)

[quote name='Jah Wibble' timestamp='1371731372' post='2117449']
Init...

Really sad to see this situation on BC. Not sure if everyone is suffering from withdrawal from the Rick ban thread or something, but this kinda thing is putting me off this site.

I can't claim to have been on here in the good ole days but I think £20 for the year if you sell stuff regularly seems pretty good, if you don't like it stick on the bay or in a shop where they'll either give you a sh*t price or take a commission??
Perhaps the one off fee could come down to a Lady (Gadiver-fiver) but there IS a recession on and it only seems to be biting people hard (I for one) now.

You don't HAVE to post it up here, you DO have a choice, I don't think moaning on about is really worth it........is it?
[/quote]

Yeah - to be honest I think this says it all... time to put this to bed now. We do welcome feedback, but when people start second guessing our intentions and our motives then it all gets a bit unreasonable.

I'm off to browse the marketplace... please, any additional comments/feedback/plans for world domination, email me and Steve!

ped