Why become a member? ×

Ibanez SR 1600

lushuk

I have the Ibanez BTB775PB & the SR400PB both have the birdseye poplar top. These have a dark lacquer coating but the quality & finish of the wood is spot on, none of the rough edges etc as in anderapanna's SR1605
Maybe Ibanez has changed factories hence the difference in workmanship.

Been to take another look the SR1600 has no rough bits around the neck, pups, or bridge so ive done the deal! pics to follow :) decision to make now is wether to gig with in 2moro or get used to the long scale neck 1st!! its all good fun :)

• 1 year later...

Seeing as this is kinda the subject here - has anyone has any experience with the neck pocket of an SR605?
I ordered one from my local music store which came today and has a 1mm(ish) gap between the neck and body all the way along the upper horn (though the extended portion fits snug) - i left it at the store and asked them to contact their suppliers about getting one with a better fit

My question is - is this a QC thing or are my expectations too high?

[quote name='ojplaysbass' timestamp='1418145529' post='2627351']
Seeing as this is kinda the subject here - has anyone has any experience with the neck pocket of an SR605?
I ordered one from my local music store which came today and has a 1mm(ish) gap between the neck and body all the way along the upper horn (though the extended portion fits snug) - i left it at the store and asked them to contact their suppliers about getting one with a better fit

My question is - is this a QC thing or are my expectations too high?
[/quote]
I have never had any problems whatsoever with the neck pockets on my SR's at all...in fact, even with the neck pocket screws removed the neck is really tight.and needs considerable persuasion to be removed.

I have owned a Sr1205 for over 30 months and gigged it extensively - the fit and finish is absolutely spot on. It is a wonderful bass.

I have however played/looked at several 1600's and they have all had the poor wood finish as previously outlined on this thread. I would definitely not buy one for this reason.