Why become a member? ×

Withdrawn
£1600

Stacker

[quote name='Stacker' timestamp='1371500011' post='2114780']
Thanx. We're all entitled to our views on pricing but maybe not on a sale thread. No hard feelings.
[/quote]
Absolutely not. Totally forgot it was a sale thread I was babbling in.

This should sell quickly.

Banks are a poor place to put your money right now. So what better thing to do than spread your funds by buying an instrument that's even rarer and more authentic than an XL?

Stacker's price looks really good - especially given that I'm thinking of bucking the trend and RAISING the trade value on my XL advert :-)

CB

Edited by cloudburst

[quote name='cloudburst' timestamp='1371538248' post='2115081']
This should sell quickly.

Banks are a poor place to put your money right now. So what better thing to do than spread your funds by buying an instrument that's even rarer and more authentic than an XL?

Stacker's price looks really good - especially given that I'm thinking of bucking the trend and RAISING the trade value on my XL advert :-)

CB
[/quote]

I agree. Remember: there are no plugs or moulds for these basses any more; Gibson destroyed them, for whatever lunatic reason, so there won't be any resurrection of the L, XL or G series. As, Cloudburst states, these basses will keep their value and I know I wouldn't let my XL2A got for any less than £2K were I to sell it. Debatable value? Maybe, but that's for another thread.

I'm not desperate to sell the L2 as the 'monster on the horizon' is pretty static at the moment but I can state that I won't drop the price below £1600; it's already a [i]bargain[/i] at that price!!

Loads of love here, just a matter of prioritising cash, unfortunately. I'd also need a leg rest as I play sat down these days, although I have no idea how much of an issue that would be. Given it's probably over 20 years since I played one, how do these compare to a Status Streamline?

[quote name='sblueplanet' timestamp='1372001975' post='2120501']
My brother was looking at this but prefers a proper case for his basses.
[/quote]
Define "proper".
Horses for courses - here's what I use, depending upon the circumstances:
1) A purpose built metal flight-case with an exact XL-sized cutaway in the interior foam
2) A Steinberger hard case (designed for modern instruments but fits okay)
3) A Warwick Rockbag padded gig-bag
4) The original Steinberger XL gig-bag

[quote name='sblueplanet' timestamp='1372001975' post='2120501']
Do the hard-shell cases made for the Synapse model available via Thomann fit the L2 and XL2?
[/quote]
Yes.

Edited by cloudburst

I used to own an early Status Series II and can say the neck on the L2 is a bit slimmer, especially so further up the neck. Actually, I'd like that SII back: a Status collector somewhere down in England has it but I doubt I've got much chance of getting it back.

Warwick do a decent headless gig bag also which suits Bergers, do a quick search on the 'Bay. The leg rest is pretty essential if you're sitting upright, however I find I can get away without it in 'curled up on sofa' mode.