Why become a member? ×

MEC Gold active pick ups

I have a pair of MEC gold active p/ups.

They are identical in size and are out of a Stage 2 five string, they also fit 4 string stage 1's, I think they are a ceraminc bar magnet

Condition - one is mint, the other has some wear, photo's to follow

they are 95mm wide, same as my 4 string jazz

Cheers

Tony

[quote name='sshorepunk' post='212656' date='Jun 4 2008, 06:30 PM']I have a pair of MEC gold active p/ups.

They are identical in size and are out of a Stage 2 five string, [b]they also fit 4 string stage 1's[/b], I think they are a ceraminc bar magnet

Condition - one is mint, the other has some wear, photo's to follow

they are 95mm wide, same as my 4 string jazz

Cheers

Tony[/quote]

Are you sure Tony :)

Stage I 4 string is a P/J rig...

[quote name='warwickhunt' post='213162' date='Jun 5 2008, 01:04 PM']Are you sure Tony :huh:

Stage I 4 string is a P/J rig...[/quote]

I know, I have owned a few, my reference was to the "J" part of that p/up combo, figured that was obvious :) I was using it to give an indication of size

T

Edited by sshorepunk

• 2 months later...

[quote name='warwickhunt' post='213162' date='Jun 5 2008, 01:04 PM']Are you sure Tony :)

Stage I 4 string is a P/J rig...[/quote]

Will these fit a thumb 5? Mine currently has 18v barts, and the sound is less lovely than he 4's with MECs

...Oooh will they run with 18v? or will I need a new pre too?

C'mon John... I need your knowledge buddy!

If these are compatible with my Thumb I'll take them off yooz!

Andy

[quote name='GremlinAndy' post='270578' date='Aug 26 2008, 09:34 PM']Will these fit a thumb 5? Mine currently has 18v barts, and the sound is less lovely than he 4's with MECs

...Oooh will they run with 18v? or will I need a new pre too?

C'mon John... I need your knowledge buddy!

If these are compatible with my Thumb I'll take them off yooz!

Andy[/quote]

Here for you bud :)

The MECs running @ 18v shouldn't be an issue as I'm sure I had a bass a couple years ago with this set-up and there is loads of info on the Warwick forum about MEC curcuits running @ 18v. Whether the pups will fit into your pup rout is a different matter. Get the overall dimension 'not forgetting the mounting screw centers' of the pups and check as I've no idea if the 4's and 5's are the same size!

Off the top of my head, these are 95mm wide, they came out of a 5 string dolphin which has narrower spacing than a 5 string stage 1 (for example) they are the same width as the J pick up in a 4 string stage 1.

4th pick up down on this page.....

[url="http://shop.warwick.de/index.php/cat/c89_Pickups.html/page/2"]http://shop.warwick.de/index.php/cat/c89_Pickups.html/page/2[/url]

Hope that helps, can't give anymoreinfo until I get home tonight

well to be honest for £45 I'll take them anyway....

Unless the p&p is astronomical. :)

PM me with a payment method buddy. I can do paypal and split the fee if you want. Or cheque, bank transfer... lemmie know.

If they don't fit I'll sell them on, or chuck them in the spares box...

Andy