Why become a member? ×

Can the ShuttleMax do a good Streamliner impression?

BassTractor

IIRC, someone stated some months ago that the voicings are different enough that a ShuttleMax will not do a good Streamliner impression. I've tried to find it to no avail, so here's a new thread.

So, howe sayest thee, your ladyshippes ande lordshippes? Can the ShuttleMaxes do this? Can they come close enough? Is it dependent on exactly which of them?

Thanks!

best,
bert

Edited by BassTractor

I have to agree with both of the above replies.
They are voiced different.
The shuttlemax does its own really nice valve tone.
Personally though, I am loving the FET clean Chanel, it's a revalation to me being able to hear every part of what I'm playing.
I have been using valve or valve state amps for years but I am enjoying the difference in clean tone, perhaps it's my mid life crisis :-)
Cheers
Thebassman

• 4 months later...

Update:
Thanks to you guys' info, I went for both lines, and have these last weeks taken reception of a Streamliner as well as a GBE instead of a Max.

The way I understood it, the best argument for the ShuttleMax over the GBE is weight, so I assume that the GBE is not a worse amp.
Even when shoved through Ashdown LB 112 cabs (made for the Little Bastard), the GBE was mighty, open and airy, and responded to every little change in my "playing". I guess this will get even better when shoving it through Vanderfaceds.
Not tried the Streamliner yet.

So: thanks again! Playing bass became more fun.