Why become a member? ×
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

FSR Antigua P bass, any idea how many were made?

SammyDamacy

Hello all,

Just been trying to find out how many of these were actually made, obviously they were a re-run (MIM 2012) but they are discontinued again now.

Any one in the bass world have any idea where I'd find out? Various forums say that only 250 were released, but there had to be more surely? They were a good price and she is the only p bass I've ever truly loved........it's more for curiosity really, I teach in a college and she's the bass I take with me everyday, if she's rarer than I think then I may try to be more careful!

Very grateful for any help!

[url="http://s692.photobucket.com/user/sammydamacy/media/20130601_173524_zpse36af9d9.jpg.html"][/url]

They were indeed an FSR (Factory special run) model in 2012. The other FSR guitars were really limited (between 25-50) but there were more models, so the 250 you found would be about right I'd think as there were far fewer bass models.

Whether or not that adds value or helps the model retain its value, I'm not sure but I got my hands on one in the shop and it was beautiful. IMO the worst thing you could do is put it under lock and key, never for it to see daylight again. Play it! That why it was made :)

Hiya Sammy, glad you are enjoying the P (another one I shouldn't have sold :dash1: ) As I remember the details at the time there were 250 of P and J made for the states and the same for the rest of the world. They sold out in a matter of months, yours is the last one to sell new on these shores as it was the last GAK had, nobody else had any left.

Headofire, photos of the mushroom please!!!!!!!

[quote name='karlfer' timestamp='1370153228' post='2096942']
Hiya Sammy, glad you are enjoying the P (another one I shouldn't have sold :dash1: ) As I remember the details at the time there were 250 of P and J made for the states and the same for the rest of the world. They sold out in a matter of months, yours is the last one to sell new on these shores as it was the last GAK had, nobody else had any left.

Headofire, photos of the mushroom please!!!!!!!
[/quote]

Thank you, don't feel bad you sent her to a very loving home, she gets taken out for air and gets to see all the other basees ;)
Thanks for the info, wow I'm glad you got lucky and found her! (and then consequently sold her to myself)

I can't think for the life of me where I heard it but it was on the guitars (strat and tele) in a guitar mag/site/video, so don't quote me until I can find it but I believe there was 400 made of each model, world wide. Not sure which country actually got 250, probably US but I'm sure we in the UK got quite an amount too!

Real nice bass anyhow, I'm gutted I never went for one but I'm happy with what I have all the same :)

BSB