Why become a member? ×

Sold - 1977 Precision Bass - Sold
£1250

AndyTravis

Hiya,

No mad rush on this, just an idea.

Took ages looking for this bass, it's a 1977 Precision, comes in at 9lbs ish, has a tight neck joint, and is in really tidy nick.

Looking around, these have gone between £1100 and £1500 on here, and there are a few up for sale in between all these, and some with pickups added etc...so i've stuck value in the middle at £1250 - I know if it's 'For Sale' i'd want around that...I know they crop up at all sorts, but i'm not desperate to flog it.

It's all original apart from...

Covers - Fender Reissue, aged to match the original hardware.
Thumbrest - Fender Reissue, again aged to look the part.

The Original machine heads are with the bass, but not the best functionally, so I bought some quality Schaller units (direct like for like replacements) so the bass looks exactly as it should, but works exactly as it should too.

Electronically sound and fully original.

It was bought from a mates family member who'd had it under the bed since the early 90's after hanging up his gigging hat - It'd been stored in an old gigbag which had ripped, so comes in a Warwick padded gigbag.

So what am I looking for?

A Stingray, 80's/90's with mutes, or a recent classic model. Would look at Sabres too, but aware these aren't as common.

I've got a funk project coming up, and it's very 'Chic' in sound...

My Ideal would be a translucent blue burst/maple but i'm aware these crop up rarely.

I've got nothing to add to a deal at the minute for a really early Ray, but would accept cash on top of a bass...

Also willing to consider USA Vintage 62 Reissue Jazz bass (there was a Lake Placid one here recently) and the Bravewood Sting Alike which has been sold here a couple of times, as they are also 2 other itches to scratch.

More pics available via E-Mail, or Pic message.

Feedback on Sig, Bass is in Manchester...

Edit-Straight Sale an option.

Regards

Trav x

Edited by AndyTravis

[quote name='karlfer' timestamp='1369913860' post='2094332']
Surprised this has lasted pushing two days, amazing looking bass that will only appreciate.
[/quote]

It lasted until 10.30 last night, only just had chance to edit the thread haha.